MP hangs after suspend or TV off (1 Viewer)

Chubler

Portal Member
July 14, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
I am currently running 1.17 without any issues. However if I upgrade to later version including 1.20 system fails to respond after resume or TV power off/on. Killing Mediaportal process and re-running gets things working again. OS is Windows 7 Home 64bit, TV is attached via HDMI thru an Amp. Logs from 1.20 attached I simply start MP stay on main menu turn TV off and on -> MP locked up so have to kill it.

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_12_08_18__10_49.zip
    1.1 MB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    if I upgrade to later version including 1.20 system fails to respond after resume or TV power off/on.
    This is a known problem, but a fix will depend on a developer who is familiar with this area having the time to investigate the problem. If you are looking for a workaround, the following thread describes some alternatives:

Freezing after some time running

However, it is probably simpler to continue using MP 1.17, if that works satisfactorily for you.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Chubler

Portal Member
    July 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for the information. I have been sticking with 1.17 up to now, but after 3 releases all showing the same issue, I was starting to suspect something may be wrong with my setup. I'm happy to keep an eye on the release notes and avoid any further updates until this issue is addressed.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hey thanks for you reports :)
    Can you set your log level to debug and try again ?

Ps : There is an issue with watchdog not setting it to debug, we really to investigate this one too.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have added log in mediaportal.exe :)
    Can you retry again (debug level for a log of course) with the attached bin ? (you need to replace current mediaportal.exe by this one (backup yours before) based on 1.20Final)

It will log the GUI code when we pause it and restore it (SUSPENDING / RUNNING) maybe it's related to the wrong case where GUI didn't recover (RUNNING) after SUSPENDING it, just a guess but log will tell :p

Attachments

• MediaPortal_log_added.zip
      505.7 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks for the log :)
    It seems to be something else that GUI SUSPENDING :

[2018-08-14 16:35:17,252] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: WM_DISPLAYCHANGE - set GUIGraphicsContext.State.SUSPENDING
    [2018-08-14 16:35:17,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - D3D: WM_DISPLAYCHANGE - set GUIGraphicsContext.State.RUNNING

We can see in the log that GUI is up (RUNNING).

When it happens, does MP process appear like 'not responding'?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok MP crash because of this : 'audiokse.dll'
    APPCRASH Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: MediaPortal.exe P2: 1.17.0.0 P3: 59539446 P4: audiokse.dll P5: 6.1.7601.18741 P6: 54d03c1a P7: c0000005

Now it's surely related to how is handled the remove and back audio on resume. Not sure what can be done but i can try to supply a bin for testing but will be hard to find the fix because i wasn't able to reproduce it here but we can try :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Can you try this one ?
    Only modification on lock code.

Attachments

• MediaPortal_resume_v1.zip
      505.6 KB