MP hangs going between HD and SD channels (1 Viewer)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Tony :)
    There is so many version lol, does that one https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/825517-post23.html is related to this one ?
    Is it possible to create an index of all version ?

We've got two main TsReader code 'threads' - the standard MP 1.2.x version with bug fixes added (e.g. this one https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/825517-post23.html) - and the experimental dev versions here - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/811296-post5.html, which have every bug fix & mod to date incorporated (and some experiments :)). I'll try and generate a mod/version list over in that thread sometime....

The RTSP and H.264 NALU header parsing fixes that are in 'TsReader_noStopMod42d' should probably go into the 'MP 1.2.x' codebase as bug fixes - maybe for MP 1.2.4, but that's mm's decision really (and they need putting into Mantis first).

Tony

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    The RTSP and H.264 NALU header parsing fixes that are in 'TsReader_noStopMod42d' should probably go into the 'MP 1.2.x' codebase as bug fixes - maybe for MP 1.2.4, but that's mm's decision really (and they need putting into Mantis first).

Tony,

Could you please mantis these issues, since you know what is going on.

Regarding the release they go in, why not 1.2.3 if fixes are ready? However, I agree that this would be mm's decision.

Best wishes,

Mark

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country

Tony,

Could you please mantis these issues, since you know what is going on.

Regarding the release they go in, why not 1.2.3 if fixes are ready? However, I agree that this would be mm's decision.

Best wishes,

Mark

Will do.

The RTSP fix essentially works around the seek accuracy problem detailed in 0002914: When using RTSP, audio/video format change may cause video playback to hang in a loop - MediaPortal Bugtracker by making TsReader more intelligent about handling PAT changes, so that's already in Mantis.

I'd like the NALU header parsing fix to get more testing in the experimental branch before putting it forward for 1.2.x, and I need to code 1.2.x versions of both fixes as well.

Tony

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    There are several SD/HD channel changes in the TsReader log, so it looks like it's working fine :)

HD channels are normally HD all the time - 'SD' program content is upscaled by the broadcaster before transmission.

Tony

yup.. was in and out of HD channels last night... all working sweet as .. again, thanks!:)

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    hi again.. problem seems to have 'somewhat' returned, and is now symptomatic on the win7 mp server too...
    just posting here to remind me to create some logs more than anything..
    issue/symptom is:
    change from HD channel to SD channel (only canwest ones, either FOUR or 3plus1 [not sure if 3plus1 is hd or sd to be honest]), screen goes black and volume stutters, whilst the a/v "catches up with itself" .. sometimes it catches up, sometimes we hit 'pause' for 15 seconds then hit play and it catches up, sometimes it never does. there are times when the recorded TV (on those channels) does the same thing, and we have to hit 'stop' then restart at the same timestamp and it kicks off okay at that point.

will sort some logs out, but am keen to know if any other new zealanders are experiencing this oddity? could be just the transmission for my area (am I the only one in rotorua with mediaportal?).

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    right.. so here's the logs.
    it's on the main computer (the unit with the TV cards in it), but similar symptoms are apparent on the client in the bedroom.
    this one is windows 7 (32bit) on mp1.2.2.
    it happens even when watching recorded tv. in these logs, I opened the recorded TV area and played some TV I had not viewed before.. the screen stays on the mediaportal menu whilst the audio plays.
    this time (for the purpose of the logs not being too large) I hit stop after a few seconds and exited mp (in order to grab the logs).
    normally, I would probably stop it, then restart and the video may appear, if not, sometimes if I pause it for 10-12 seconds then resume the video comes in. .. no one trick works every time ...

I tried getting this to fail on channel FOUR, but for some reason right now it's working perfectly >.< .. the only thing on that channel at the moment is informercials so perhaps they're broadcasting some different way for those? unsure... but invariably in the evening if we switch to tv FOUR from another channel, these 'no video' symptoms are pretty consistent.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Can you try the TsReader.ax from 'noStopMod48' -> here <- and 'v0_4_17a' from -> here <- and see if either/both fix the problem - MP thinks the stream is just radio (so doesn't connect a video decoder - hence no picture) - but it isn't.....

I think I've seen the problem before (and fixed it), but can't remember exactly which version it got fixed in.....

Tony

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    0_4_17a seems to be behaving (only tested it for a minute or so thus far - will update after using it tonight).. will try it on the XP client too this evening.
    the noStopMod48 had the same issue (switched to FOUR.. audio came in skipping (like intermittently hitting mute every half second) and black screen.. had to kill MP via taskmangler to regain control of the computer.

do you want me to make some logs of either of these?

I can't help but wonder if the station are actively changing things at the transmission end in order to stop people recording? /paranoia:cautious:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    I'd like the logs for noStopMod48 please.

Tony

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    sure thing.. will do tomorrow.. thanks again for your prompt help on this :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom