MP hangs going between HD and SD channels (1 Viewer)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Are they the correct log files - the file dates inside are 2nd/3rd Jan....

Tony

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    nope.. I'm a complete gumby... mis sorting on my part.. my apologies...:oops:

let's try this again

ending in 19 was:
    HD->SD (TV3 -> prime TV)

one ending in 22 was:
    SD->HD (prime TV -> TV3), also tried to go on to the next HD channel (TV2) after that too.. audio disappears at that point, and black screen

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    nope.. I'm a complete gumby... mis sorting on my part.. my apologies...:oops:

let's try this again

ending in 19 was:
    HD->SD (TV3 -> prime TV)

one ending in 22 was:
    SD->HD (prime TV -> TV3), also tried to go on to the next HD channel (TV2) after that too.. audio disappears at that point, and black screen

OK - thanks :)

I'm fairly sure there's a real bug in TsReader.ax (probably in the NALU header parsing) which has been triggered by a change at the broadcaster end of things (as it's just started to happen). Need to do some more digging around the code....

In the meantime, attached is a hacked TsReader (based on the standard MP 1.2.2 version) which should force the video part of the playback graph to be rebuilt on every channel change - hopefully this will restore normal service until the problem can be fixed properly.

EDIT: Attachment removed - see https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/bugreports-74/mediaportal-hangs-going-between-hd-sd-channels-100978/index5.html#post833169

Tony

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    that's a bunch better, but still has some flakiness...

if I watch TV3 (HD) and change to SD channels (prime, four) it's fine.. all happy there.
    but now if I watch TV2 (also HD, but a different mux* than TV3) it hangs (no matter what) after about 2 seconds
    the logs is from turning on MP -> TV -> channel ->select TV2 -> right arrow (on remote) -> [ok] to enlarge.. it never got to the enlarge part.

TV1 (should be same mux* as TV2) is fine...

sorry if that makes things worse, but I wonder if it may also add more info to help troubleshoot :-/

* when I say mux.. I have no idea what I'm talking about, and have prolly got totally the wrong jargon, but there's like AFAIK 3 trandpondery freq thingies in NZ... tvnz, canwest and sky... something like that.. anyhoo TV1, 2 and U (and some others) are one group, tv3, FOUR (and some others) another, and prime (maybe some others?) is/are sky free to air channels

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    result.. that works.. thank you sir, you're a legend!

it is a little 'jittery' but it's pretty irregular and completely watchable (and also prolly down to the rubbish hardware I have).

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    result.. that works.. thank you sir, you're a legend!

it is a little 'jittery' but it's pretty irregular and completely watchable (and also prolly down to the rubbish hardware I have).

OK - good.

This problem needs to be fixed properly though, so for my benefit could you:

1. Attach some logs with a few HD/SD channel changes please ?

2. Create a couple of very short recordings (10 - 20 sec) - one each from an SD channel and an HD channel - and upload/attach them please ?

Thanks,

Tony

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    will do tonight. just for clarification, this is an mp client only.. so recording (in theory) shouldn't have any effect (as it'd be on the main server).
    issue does not present itself on the mp server but that has gruntier hardware, and is running on win7, not XP.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    will do tonight. just for clarification, this is an mp client only.. so recording (in theory) shouldn't have any effect (as it'd be on the main server).
    issue does not present itself on the mp server but that has gruntier hardware, and is running on win7, not XP.

I need the recordings so I can create a pseudo timeshift file with a channel change transition in it - that way I might be able to work out what the underlying problem is in TsReader when handling your broadcast streams - that's the theory anyway :)

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom