MP on Windows 2003 (1 Viewer)

RutgerDB

Portal Member
October 30, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hello Ocram,

In the Netherlands the provider Multikabel also uses Irdeto. Have you done anything special with the Windows 2003 server to get everything working? Also, has onyone tried the TV server in conjunction with a full SQL server 2000/2005 installation?

D4bFz3awSRYHKjr3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Aruba Aruba
    I'm using XP, but I see no reason why 2003 shouldn't work (perhaps driver problem), SQL 2005 should work(is the same as express, but more features)

aiiight

November 21, 2006
    Will the next TV Server RC support Windows 2003?
    I have several XP Clients and a Windows 2003 server with a Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1600 and an ATI TV Wonder Pro.
    This worked great with release 1.0.2 , no luck with 1.1.
    Or is it possible to use TV Server 1.0.2 with Client RC 1.1?
    Thanks for all the great work guys.
    :D

niblick

Portal Member
    December 18, 2006
    RC1 works fine for me on my 2k3 box.

Just the weird problem of the 2 config files which are named incorrectly - there are quite a few posts on this if you search a bit.

Basically, do a clean install of a dedicated TV server. Then the 2 files in C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\ named TvService.exe.config and SetupTv.exe.config need to be renamed TvService.config and SetupTv.config. After that tvsetup should start up normally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    I am in the process of moving my media portal installation to a new PC running Windows 11. I open TV-Server configuration go to TV...
    Replies
    Views
    I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I did it this way so I didn't have to edit the channel names every time tested a new TV-server install. Anyway, it works. I don't know if this would get you past the BDA driver issue. I'll provide more...
    I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I...
    I am brand new to MediaPortal. I have installed MP 2.4.1 on Windows 10. It is a fresh install and fully up to date. I have an...
    Replies
    Views
    Nice you could resolve the issue!
    Nice you could resolve the issue!
    I have MediaPortal 2.5 Server installed on one computer and Mediaportal 2.5 client on another. The client is connected to the...
    Replies
    Views
    Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
    Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
    I recently move to Los Angeles, California and downloaded & installed Media Portal 1.32 pre Release, to find out the programs media...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom