MP-TVSeries-2.1.3318 (UAT) Build available (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    do the actual banners and fanart have a rating on TVDB?

Yes they do, the plugin automatically sets the highest rated banner as the default banner when first importing or a new series/season is added.

This could be extended such that it can read a configured number of highest rated banners to download. Would be good as it would definitely save on bandwidth.

Damien

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    When I download fanart, I don't have to restart MP for it to show up. Just exit the series back to main then back to that show again. I use "Unwatched" view if the issue some people are having is somehow view related. And RC3 of MP with Aeon 1.2.

Also, if you yourself add fanart to thetvdb.com for a show that had none before, make sure to scroll down and click on the fanart (now the "rate the fanart" dialogue shows up) and rate it. Otherwise the thetvdb.com page will tell you that the show has no fanart (even though you've just added one). Unrated = almost invisible. :D

Emph

maximus09

Portal Member
    October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    thanks emphatic!

Yea actually i just added some banners the other day for "Comedy Central Roast" and "The Omid Djalili Show" and they weren't showing up in MP-TV. Now they are after I rated them ;D

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    do the actual banners and fanart have a rating on TVDB?

Yes they do, the plugin automatically sets the highest rated banner as the default banner when first importing or a new series/season is added.

This could be extended such that it can read a configured number of highest rated banners to download. Would be good as it would definitely save on bandwidth.

Damien

THis was Excactly what I meant, I would really like this feature.
    I really like in Moving Pictures that I don't have to do this manually, but the plugin will just automatically download FanArt for me, so it looks sweet even the first time I load up the plugin.

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Fan Art download.. its working, but I’m not sure how its intended to work?
    Please explain.

When i press fan art, ill see a black page whit preview images of the art available.
    I can look at them all.

But how do i select and download one??. by pressing OK??
    Then what? Nothing happens, no status, no message or nothing, i return to my series.
    Fan art is now black BG if i had a fan art manu set in there.

ill see a epp maybe, restart the MP and go back in there, and now i see the fan art i selected..
    This is really confusing.. hehe

How is it suppose to work?

Thanks dog. The feature is nice, if I could figure it out haha

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Brownghost: When you've selected a nice fanart, press either F9 or "info" on your remote and select "download and use".

Emph

frying_fish

Portal Member
    August 21, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    There is also a bandwidth issue at the moment with the tvdb causing some slow down, which may just mean that its taking longer to arrive than you had thought.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    But how do i select and download one??. by pressing OK??
    If you select one by pressing ENTER or OK and you don't have that fanart locally (ie available for download) then it downloads the fanart in the background. Once the fanart is downloaded the thumbnail can be selected again to 'USE' as your default fanart (Of course this only makes sense if Random fanart is turned off otherwise it uses whatever).

You can also invoke the context menu on a thumbnail and Select 'Download and Use'.

Then what? Nothing happens, no status, no message or nothing, i return to my series.
    It is doing something, but the theTVDB.com is extremely slow until they sort out their bandwidth issues.

If you are in the Fanart chooser window the thumbnail panel will be refreshed after download is complete and you can see that the top most thumbnails are ones that you have downloaded locally.

Fan art is now black BG if i had a fan art menu set in there.
    That's an outstanding bug which can be tracked: Issue 13 - mptvseries - Google Code and here Issue 7 - mptvseries - Google Code

Cheers
    Damien

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom