MP-TVSeries-2.1.3318 (UAT) Build available (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
March 27, 2008
Just to add to this, would it also be easy to allow fanart to be displayed on the main page as at the moment a messy memory hog hack is used to get the terminator fanart behind the info in that poster view?
Im not sure about easy, will have to debug and see what goes on during series selection. I thought I saw code already that handled this...maybe Im wrong or its just not working as expected. I will add it if it doesnt look too risky ;)

Damien

Thanks mate, if it can be implemented I recommend adding a delay to the fanart image loading so you don't get the all the fanart flicking through really fast, this should also help scroll speed through the list. If you need any testing help give me a buzz.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    is it here to post this translation missing?

-----------------------------

also missing this line in strings_es.xml

<String id="109811" prefix="Mi ">TV Series</String>

can you add it?

-------------------------------

i found others also, where should i put them?

This is translation for MediaPortal, and not the plugin. You should post that in the MediaPortal bugs forum/tracker.

The latest translations for the plugin are located: mptvseries - Google Code

If you want to update a specific language then please download the corresponding one from above and post back with modifications.

Note: The English translations are always kept up to date, so if you want something translated for the next release then be sure to match up with 'en(us).xml'

If you want to update the name of the plugin (from the looks of the translation above), go into Configuration->MediaPortal Display Control->Name of Plugin in Home

Cheers,
    Damien

this is what i was told, i also thought it was a mediaportal translation...
    also missing this line in strings_es.xml

<String id="109811" prefix="Mi ">TV Series</String>

Please note that translations for 3rd party plugins won't be added to the
    MediaPortal translation files.

Please contact the author of the plugin for this.

spuck

Community Skin Designer
    April 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    * Label 1242 <type>label</type>: If series posters are being used, will be visible (otherwise using series banners)
    Since you can't use visibility on the facade how would this be implemented? Having 2 different skins files for each does not sound so cool.
    Well, that shows you how much I know about skinning. I thought you could do that, so I might as well remove that label?
    A filmstrip for posters would be pretty cool. ;) Then I could have this view without pressing down and going the the views-context menu pressing to far left/right. :)
    That looks quite cool, but I do prefer your list one better. ;)

Looking at how the plugin handles views currently, I think what I can do without introducing too much risk is add the FilmStrip View. How I think it should work:

If 'Wide Series Banners' are chosen (default) & Series View is set to Graphical (default): Show Wide Banners as we currently do using (GUIFacadeControl.ViewMode.LargeIcons)

If 'Posters' are chosen & Series View is set to Graphical (Default): Show Posters using (GUIFacadeControl.ViewMode.FilmStrip)

From that, you should be able to continue using the dummy labels (List:1235) & (Graphical:1236) without any extra ones needing to be defined. You would need two skin files though as you mentioned.

Im pretty sure you can already do Posters with Series View set to Text List. I see you have raised an issue regarding 'unfocusedalpha' in series list. I see from screenshots how using that would be what you want.

Damien

Using only previous dummy labels would not make it possible to have views for posters and wide banners in the same xml that's why we need the 1242 dummy to show when poster is selected. You know for all the info values that will show up in different places.

Imzadi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 18, 2008
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have a bit of a problem with this new version and don't know how to fix it. The first time after installing this Version and updating all information from tvdb, all episode screenshot are gone. They are still in the same place as before and also specified in My TVSeries, but they are not showing. Any idea what's wrong?

And by the way: This is my favorite part of Media-Portal. I love it.

niKoN

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How can I parse filenames which look like that...

Dark Angel • [S01][E01] • Das Katzen-Gen

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have a bit of a problem with this new version and don't know how to fix it. The first time after installing this Version and updating all information from tvdb, all episode screenshot are gone. They are still in the same place as before and also specified in My TVSeries, but they are not showing. Any idea what's wrong?

Have you checked if the 'Download episode thumbnails' option is checked in configuration?

Damien

Sojan

July 17, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey having the same issues as a few people here. sometimes my thumbnail banners disappear but i can bring them back only after restarting mediaportal completely.

also sometimes my videos are showing as watched, when i havent watched them, its only happened a couple of times so far though.

im using the Aeon wide skin with rc3, but dont think it would be a skin conflict as it seems to happen with black and white also

fyi, it always worked fine under the last media portal rc2, this has just started happening under rc3

carmenm

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    I have a feature request that could help dealing with special episodes and documentaries, but i dont know if it s doable.
    Right now the lookup on TheTVDB is done using the series name, the season number, and the episode number. Could it be possible if no season and episode numbers have been found in the filename/path to lookup with seriesname and episodename?

That would help a lot

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom