MP-TVSeries v2.2.3389 Stable Release [12-APR-09] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You can add them to Online TV Database - An open directory of television shows for HTPC software, then next update it should download them for you.
    tfearme.
    Is there no other option? I put pictures on the thetvdb.com, but would like to put pictures on My TVSeries of my only interest.
    No other way is supported currently.

Another question: The other day I needed to reinstall the operating system. How to backup the My TVSeries and then recover the collection? What items copy?
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/my-tvseries-162/database-backup-import-59654/

I want to change the paths of data My TVSeries ... Is it possible?
    You can change the database directory in Configuration, you can change the global thumbs path in the MediaPortal bin directory by editing MediaPortalDirs.xml.

Currently there is no option to just change the path to the Fanart or MPTVSeriesBanners folders separately.

Zasurus

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You can add them to Online TV Database - An open directory of television shows for HTPC software, then next update it should download them for you.
    tfearme.
    Is there no other option? I put pictures on the thetvdb.com, but would like to put pictures on My TVSeries of my only interest.
    No other way is supported currently.

Even though nothing is supported it is possible to add your own pics and seasons that aren’t on thetvdb.com but its harder if you don't understand SQL.
    BUT IF YOU MESS IT UP ITS YOUR FAULT!!! DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK (although backing up your database (db) should mean you can't go wrong!)

If you do know some SQL or are willing to learn then exit MP, find and make a backup of your db then using something like "SQLite Database Browser.exe" which is free and came with an earlier copy of MP (don't know about the new one) and open your DB with it. It’s called "TVSeriesDatabase4.db3".

I will assume you are using SQLite DB Browser so once you have opened the db go to the "Browse Data" tab then you can see all the tables. The main ones we are interested in are the two tables that store the info on your seasons and episodes they are "Online_series" which holds the information on each series the series pictures etc and "online_episodes" which holds info on the episodes for that season and anything pictures from those episodes. This is where you can add extra pics like posters and banners. Just add the pic to the location the others are in (you will need to search for them ever version of windows seems to move them around! LOL Anyway once that’s done change the entry in online_series or online_episodes depending on your pic/info is for the series or episode. 

Then there is the two tables that store info on your local files and link them to the information from TVDB.com. These two tables are called "local_series" that just really links the names the files call the series to the names the TVDB.com calls the series. E.G. the file name might be for example "Battlestar.Galactica.(2004).-.4x08.-.Sine.Qua.Non.TDTV.avi" then TVSeries would think the season is called "Battlestar.Galactica.(2004)" when its really called "Battlestar.Galactica.(2003)" so this table links these two names together. :) This table also says whether we should hide this series (maybe its not a series at all and just a video of the family xmas), whether this is a duplicate as in the previous example where there could be local files with "Battlestar.Galactica.(2003)" and "Battlestar.Galactica.(2004)" which will create two local_series entries both pointing to the one "Online_series" entry. The final entry on this table is one you may be interested if you are adding a completely different series that is not on tvdb.com for example I added one for films so I could watch films from the amazing TVSeries menus  so if you did that you wouldn’t want TVSeries trying to find your series on TVDB.com as it wouldn’t and then it would error so we set the “IgnoreScan” setting to 1. It will now no longer look for that series online. ;-)

The final table is local_episodes. I wouldn’t mess with the data in this table as it is all automatically acquired from the files like file size length resolution etc… The only thing that I find useful about this table is deleting records! For example if you move files from one location to another I tend to get double entries in TVSeries… If you delete everything from this table then when you open TVSeries it will have not entries but will then rescan the files add them in the correct location and don’t worry the watch flags etc are stored in the online_episodes so you can delete all the entries out of local_episodes without losing anything but the time to rescan your local files. You will however lose the media info so the scanning of the files will need to be done again that will take a while if you have several TB of episodes like me! Can take 30mins to do again BUT you can still watch them without this info it just tells you how long the episodes are etc….

To search click on the magnifiying glass to the right of the table names dropdown.

Once last thing…. I said SQL will help and if you go to the “Execute SQL” tab you can use it. I won’t tell you about this as if you don’t know how to use it you will cause damage! ;-) LOL But if you wanted to learn it will enable you to search the DB much easier and also delete lots of records (or all of them!) in one go…

I know that covered more than you asked for but I figured I may as well share everything I know about it! LOL

Hope this helps...

Zas

barry99

Portal Member
    January 23, 2006
    Duplicate posters

Hi firstly wanna say, love the plugin, i use it very happily everyday. But i got a small issue and i'm hoping someone can help me. Roughly every second time i open up the plugin i'll find one of my shows has the poster of another show, often (but not always) the show next to it. See the atatched screenshot where 'How I met your mother' has the 'Journeyman' poster. If i click cycle banners all other poster are for the correct show.

This has happened to me for a while and i put it down to the fact i had a old computer and slightly tempermental hard disk, but i recently set up an bran new system, clean install of MP 1.02 with TvSeries 2.2.3389.and it is still happening. It happens on all skins and with all layouts. I've tried deleting and re-adding the database and sometime the problems seems to go away for a day or so but always reappears.

Anyone else get this problem, or have a solution. I saw an existing thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/my-tvseries-162/duplicate-banners-55869/ where people were discussing a similair sounding issue but there seemed no solution.

I'm happy to attach logs, but am a bit of a newb with this sort of thing so let me know what logs are needed.

Cheers

Barry

Attachments

• Duplicate posters.jpg
      Duplicate posters.jpg
      163.8 KB

barry99

Portal Member
    January 23, 2006
    Great, thanks for the quick response. If come up with anything that you like me to test out to see if the problem is still there just PM me.

Cheers

Barry

bryanchicken

Portal Member
    April 21, 2009
    as of today i can't get online matches for my shows. My network is up and running and going to thetvdb.com works. However i just get "unable to find matching series" for every single show no matter what i type as the name. Even '24' fails, surely thats the simplest search string?

Anyone having similar issues?

I'm running 2.2.3389 and mediaportal 1.0.2. Everything had been working, not sure what's changed.

Thanks.

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    as of today i can't get online matches for my shows. My network is up and running and going to thetvdb.com works. However i just get "unable to find matching series" for every single show no matter what i type as the name. Even '24' fails, surely thats the simplest search string?

I'm running 2.2.3389 and mediaportal 1.0.2. Everything had been working, not sure what's changed.

Thanks.

Same here, identical setup with a fresh install.

mortiifer

May 31, 2009

Thanks.

I'm getting the same thing , error on row 0 i think was the error message in the plugin window

was working yesterday , think it might be that the website return page has changed

bryanchicken

Portal Member
    April 21, 2009
    phew, well at least its not me. I'm sure it'll return soon enough then.

I've been having so many issues with my HTPC that i actually consider that good news!:rolleyes:

I've just found the logs. I would definitely say there is something wrong with the XML(??) being returned from thetvdb. I've seen that root element error during my work.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom