MP-TVSeries v2.2.3389 Stable Release [12-APR-09] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

famewolf

Portal Pro
June 7, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Tv Series not Importing..how to fix?

I just recently did my first import of shows and had several refuse to import that I'm not sure how to "correct". I'm hoping someone can offer some suggestions. Two of the shows that didn't import are "Chuck" and "Flashpoint"....they are stored like this: G:\Video\TV Shows\Chuck\Chuck - Episode name.avi

That seems like it has all the necessary info so what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    can u post the exact filenames which are not being imported?

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    they are stored like this: G:\Video\TV Shows\Chuck\Chuck - Episode name.avi

is it magically supposed to know the season and episode number?

tvseries needs the season and episode number in the file name.

G:\Video\TV Shows\Chuck\Chuck - 2x01.avi
    or
    G:\Video\TV Shows\Chuck\Chuck - s2e01.avi
    or
    some other combinations, but i belief that episode and season numbers are needed in the filename

famewolf

Portal Pro
    June 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Hmm most of these episodes were pulled from a replaytv using dvarchive so they are not going to have an episode/season. I would have thought if the episode name was exact it could have found a match...at a minimum it could add the show coverart and give you a list of filenames. I guess to import them I'll have to manually add season/episode to several hundred entries unless someone has an alternative?

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hmm most of these episodes were pulled from a replaytv using dvarchive so they are not going to have an episode/season. I would have thought if the episode name was exact it could have found a match...at a minimum it could add the show coverart and give you a list of filenames. I guess to import them I'll have to manually add season/episode to several hundred entries unless someone has an alternative?

i have been checking the parsing expressions and the only thing "might" work is putting the files in a per season structure.

try..

chuck\season 1\filehere

u still have the episode missing so i really dont know, if not i guess u will have to do it manually. its only two shows so start with the season u are watching and take it easy.

good luck

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    you may have to manually check the name of the series episodes on the TVDB to get the season/episode numbers and then rename your files... yes, I know it is a lot of work (I've done it). Once you have that info in the file name in a format that MPTV-Series likes, it should get the details and art that is needed.

regards,

Chuck

famewolf

Portal Pro
    June 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Thanks for all the feedback. I decided to leave the old shows alone and just access them from the list under My Video vs importing to tv series. I only listed two shows but it was more like 30 to 40 some with multiple seasons and it doesn't indicate when the season changed in the lists. The replaytv just records them based on date and if it's a new episode and saves it under the tv show - epsidode name format.

I realize it's a special case so best to just move on with new files rather then try to convert the old ones.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thanks for all the feedback. I decided to leave the old shows alone and just access them from the list under My Video vs importing to tv series. I only listed two shows but it was more like 30 to 40 some with multiple seasons and it doesn't indicate when the season changed in the lists. The replaytv just records them based on date and if it's a new episode and saves it under the tv show - epsidode name format.

I realize it's a special case so best to just move on with new files rather then try to convert the old ones.

so let me ask u, how do u know which episode goes after the other when u are watching them? :confused:

famewolf

Portal Pro
    June 7, 2009
    Home Country
    If the episodes are on the replaytv it tracks the order...if they have been downloaded to the pc then the timestamp including minutes and seconds will put them in the order they need to play since thats how I download them to pc and if all else fails an episode list will match them up pretty quickly..the last is an issue if a download failed for some reason and had to be restarted.now one ep is out of sync from rest...which is why I don't just pull them up and start adding 101, 102, 103 etc down the list without looking.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom