MP-TVSeries v4.3.6 Release [2020-01-24] (4 Viewers)

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I found another updates issue (maybe). I was trying to update some new episodes I had just added to tvdb and was running the import.to update the mptvseries database.
    Code:
    2019-11-27 17:01:49.380 [INFO][57]: Import Worker completed, online update is required.
    2019-11-27 17:01:49.384 [INFO][57]: ***************     Processing updates from online database     ***************
    2019-11-27 17:01:49.390 [INFO][57]: Downloading updates from the last day
    2019-11-27 17:01:49.500 [INFO][57]: Can't connect to http://thetvdb.com/api/<apikey>/updates/updates_day.zip : The remote server returned an error: (302) Redirect.
    2019-11-27 17:01:49.503 [INFO][57]: Failed to get updates file from online, manually defining series and images for updates. Database contains '14' continuing series with local files

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I found another updates issue (maybe). I was trying to update some new episodes I had just added to tvdb and was running the import.to update the mptvseries database.
    Code:
    2019-11-27 17:01:49.380 [INFO][57]: Import Worker completed, online update is required.
    2019-11-27 17:01:49.384 [INFO][57]: ***************     Processing updates from online database     ***************
    2019-11-27 17:01:49.390 [INFO][57]: Downloading updates from the last day
    2019-11-27 17:01:49.500 [INFO][57]: Can't connect to http://thetvdb.com/api/<apikey>/updates/updates_day.zip : The remote server returned an error: (302) Redirect.
    2019-11-27 17:01:49.503 [INFO][57]: Failed to get updates file from online, manually defining series and images for updates. Database contains '14' continuing series with local files
    Nothing I can do about that, the zip download does not work at the moment (there is no location for the redirect) so I generate my own list of series to update basis whether you have any local files for a series and if it's continuing (hence the next log message) ;)

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    ... so I generate my own list of series to update basis whether you have any local files for a series and if it's continuing (hence the next log message)

Ok, thanks. I wasn't sure so I wanted to ask to make sure. But are you saying there is a workaround so that local series files will show up in the mptv series listing menu? I can't currently see them as it is.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ok, thanks. I wasn't sure so I wanted to ask to make sure. But are you saying there is a workaround so that local series files will show up in the mptv series listing menu? I can't currently see them as it is.
    I'm not really sure I understand what you mean, can you illustrate with a picture or something?

But it should be able to update any series you have and scan for new shows as normal.

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    I am probably the one misunderstanding what you said. But here is what I am seeing. It does scan and find the episodes on my hard drive. But when the import finishes, it doesn't appear anywhere. You can see it found the file in picture 1, but picture 2 shows it's not listed in mptvseries after import and also not showing in the menu for mediaportal in picture 3.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      64.6 KB
    • 2.PNG
      2.PNG
      66 KB
    • 3.PNG
      3.PNG
      768.3 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I added episode in question to my database and noticed the API did not have a record for that episode:
    upload_2019-11-28_11-41-22.png

I can see theTVDb.com does have a record online, but the air date is dodgy (might be the cause):
    upload_2019-11-28_11-43-36.png

You can try fix the online database, if it does not resolve your issue then you may need to ask on their forums for help.

Last edited:

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    I'm the one that added that episode. I left it like that because there are not good records that show when those episodes originally aired. I just finished adding a reasonable date to it and I'll try it again in a few minutes and post back.

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    Well, changing the date didn't help. I just re-read the error again. (Can't connect to http://thetvdb.com/api/<apikey>/updates/updates_day.zip) If I am reading that error correctly, it sounds like that zip file is just a list of changes that happened today. Maybe tomorrow those updates will be incorporated into the main tvdb database? I'll wait and see but, thanks for taking a look at it. I'm really frustrated with tvdb lately :(

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Well, changing the date didn't help. I just re-read the error again. (Can't connect to http://thetvdb.com/api/<apikey>/updates/updates_day.zip) If I am reading that error correctly, it sounds like that zip file is just a list of changes that happened today.
    Correct, that is what that zip is suppose to provide. However, it does not work presently. When the plugin requests the resource, we get back a redirect but there is no location to redirect from!

There is quite a few problems with the v1,2,3 API's right now (we use the deprecated v1 API), so it's probably not worth getting hung up on one particular series right now. Give it a few days, and if the plugin does not automatically update it by then you can raise an issue over on thetvdb forum. Before doing that you might also want to manually delete the folder cache (See configuration on the selected series to take you this folder).

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Yes, it's actually a long standing issue when fanart gets cleaned up online vs your local database...

A long time ago I addressed this by adding a new item to the Fanart Chooser window called *Clean Cache* or similar. This should cleanup any zombie thumbs you may have.

However, I expect more than 1 thumbnail for that series. Unless you have not chosen English as your language? You can always take a look at your banners.xml in the API cache folder to verify (if you see no entries, then I use a single fanart from the series record in language.xml).

This was first time adding of a new show, but problem was that it originally imported as "Mighty Ships" and had to manually select "Titans (2018)" on a reimport, which is weird when folder + filenames were named according to TheTVdB naming scheme: "Titans 2018\Titans 2018 - Season 2\Titans 2018 - S02E01 - Trigon.mkv" maybe the 2018 threw it off as it wasn't enclosed in parenthesis.

Might actually have to dust of the RegExp and see if it poses an issue on titles like that.

It did show "Titans (2018)" in the drop-down box when I redid the import after deleting from database first, so that brings back the issue somebody else reported that 80% of the time the last entry is probably a better match, or to perhaps leave those unmatched with manual confirmation required.

Guess "Mighty Ship" show must have had an alternative title on "Titans", so you could rank those lower if there is a show with a match in the full title.

Interesting test case :whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom