MP-TVSeries v4.3.6 Release [2020-01-24] (8 Viewers)

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Does this always occur? Or something random? If always occurring, does that mean you can't use the GUI? If you attach full debug logs I maybe able to see what's going on but I don't think this is something new.
    It seems to be random.
    I will try on another computer later.
    Don't worry and, don't waste time for that, if I can reproduce it in many case, I will debug and maybe fix it.
    4.3.3 is working better than before (for example : OK for french language in more series and, fanart for "The Mandalorian").
    Good work ! :cool:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    2. Is there support for display names and overview of the season in the MP-TVSeries ?
    Kind of as a bonus...if you have the trakt plugin installed and enable syncing of trakt community ratings from MP-TVseries configuration->Online Data then at the same time this sync occurs I also grab the season description and set that (not season names though). There was a reason why I did not do names, but can't remember now.

upload_2019-11-27_9-48-45.png

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    1. 319031_MP-TVSeries_4.3.3.3.zip and 319025_MP-TVSeries_4.3.3.3.zip do not allow to select a language
    I did make some recent changes to the display name in the configuration language drop-down, but I tested a few languages and seems to work okay. Can you be more specific, maybe attach a picture and log.

It's possible the plugin failed to get languages online and hence did not populate the drop-down.

biship

Portal Pro
    June 14, 2008
    I replaced the DLL, but get this:

Code:
    2019-11-27 06:33:35.981 [INFO][09]: Can't connect to http://thetvdb.com/api/GetRatingsForUser.php?apikey=<apikey>&accountid=X19TRO8NWZTCGI0E&seriesid=295829 : The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
    2019-11-27 06:33:35.986 [INFO][01]: progress received: UpdateUserRatings [138/178] The Man in the High Castle

On thetvdb, I have a Unique User Key, which I have entered on Account ID field of the Online Data tab of MP-TV Series.

Looking at https://api.thetvdb.com/swagger#, I do not see a GetRatingsForUser endpoint.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    User endpoints are no longer working online in v1 of the api. I do not know if this will be fixed, but in the meantime i suggest removing your account id in configuration.

ve51

Portal Member
    February 24, 2010
    I did make some recent changes to the display name in the configuration language drop-down, but I tested a few languages and seems to work okay. Can you be more specific, maybe attach a picture and log.

It's possible the plugin failed to get languages online and hence did not populate the drop-down.

Attachments

• log+ss.rar
      971 KB

xppx

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    User endpoints are no longer working online in v1 of the api. I do not know if this will be fixed, but in the meantime i suggest removing your account id in configuration.
    This is actually not needed.

I also have my tvdb account id filled in the configuration and the plugin still works fine.

I've been keeping up with the versions you posted and noticed a strange thing.
    As of this week the series name of '"The Mandalorian" was suddenly changed into the Spanish name (The Mandaloriano …) in the TVSeries database although I've chosen English as language. Weird because none of the attributes were in Spanish (still in plain English) and none of the other series were changed neither.
    Might be a problem at the side of theTVDB.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    As of this week the series name of '"The Mandalorian" was suddenly changed into the Spanish name (The Mandaloriano …) in the TVSeries database although I've chosen English as language. Weird because none of the attributes were in Spanish (still in plain English) and none of the other series were changed neither.
    Might be a problem at the side of theTVDB.
    Yes, The Mandalorian issue is a data issue online for v1 API. You can inspect the en.xml in the api folder to verify this.

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @ltfearme I did notice on a "new" series added (Titans (2018)), that when I went into GUI to "Fanart" section that only one thumbnail was shown (2nd row, 5th column), and two of the initial fanarts functional with no thumbnail. Was able to pick one of those by clicking on the invisible thumbnail.

I'm fine waiting until TheTVdB sorts out all their issues, but wanted to make sure you were aware in case you overlooked and it is a bug that is easily fixed.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @ltfearme I did notice on a "new" series added (Titans (2018)), that when I went into GUI to "Fanart" section that only one thumbnail was shown (2nd row, 5th column), and two of the initial fanarts functional with no thumbnail. Was able to pick one of those by clicking on the invisible thumbnail.

I'm fine waiting until TheTVdB sorts out all their issues, but wanted to make sure you were aware in case you overlooked and it is a bug that is easily fixed.
    Yes, it's actually a long standing issue when fanart gets cleaned up online vs your local database...

A long time ago I addressed this by adding a new item to the Fanart Chooser window called *Clean Cache* or similar. This should cleanup any zombie thumbs you may have.

However, I expect more than 1 thumbnail for that series. Unless you have not chosen English as your language? You can always take a look at your banners.xml in the API cache folder to verify (if you see no entries, then I use a single fanart from the series record in language.xml).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom