MP1-4070_BUG_Resuming_from_Standby_not_working (1 Viewer)

ArneB

Portal Member
March 14, 2012
Hamburg
Home Country
Germany Germany
do you use a remote ? I've had black screen on resume before and it was due to the IR receiver for the remote waking the pc to power up but not actually firing up windows.
I am using a remote (USB HID device), but I have the same problem, if I use the standard power switch...

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    do you use a remote ? I've had black screen on resume before and it was due to the IR receiver for the remote waking the pc to power up but not actually firing up windows.
    I am using a remote (USB HID device), but I have the same problem, if I use the standard power switch...
    Ok well was just checking because mine was the same (USB HID device) but once i removed it everything started working correctly, your issue may be different though.

ArneB

Portal Member
    March 14, 2012
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, nevertheless I will test it again to be 100% sure. BTW, how do you have solved the problem ? Using another IR receiver ?

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ok, nevertheless I will test it again to be 100% sure. BTW, how do you have solved the problem ? Using another IR receiver ?
    Yes i switched to IMON VFD which connects direct to the power so suspend/resume never fails. The old IR receiver works ok on other machines but has issues with some types of motherboard.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Yet another crash report...
    Installed MP version: V1.5.0 V2 (from the first page)
    At 18:30 the HTPC was in suspend mode. Waking up resulted in fans & harddisk started running, everything seems to be ok. But i encountered again a black screen of death. I had to shut down my computer (pressing power switch >4 seconds), because nothing else helped.
    After powerdown MP was automatically restarted during Windows startup.

Ok - this might now be a real stupid question - but are you sure your TV is displaying the PC picture - I have this also from time to time thet after resume teh TV is loosing the input (connected over HDMI) and switching toanother input and back to teh PC normally solves this.

ArneB

Portal Member
    March 14, 2012
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yep, I am 100% sure, as my TV always starts in TV mode (fixed setting for my wife, Hotel mode for experts ;) ). I have to switch to HDMI input with my TV remote to display MP.

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No, black screen ! After resume there is just a plain black screen. If I activate the debug mode (without plugins) there is no black screen, but the GUI is stuck at the time of suspend (you can see it in the clock at the home page). Nevertheless the effect is the same,MP and the whole computer doesn't respond to any user input.
    Without MP my computer works fine (tested for ~3 weeks with a lot standby/resume cycles), therefore there is definitly a problem in MP. Ah yes, one more important hint: The problem started with the V1.40 version, previous versions were fine.
    Same here. Started with MP1.4 but only sometimes. I use IMon connected to power switch. Switching TV source doesn't help. After disabling Away Mode it seems to be gone, but haven't checked it really.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Yep, I am 100% sure, as my TV always starts in TV mode (fixed setting for my wife, Hotel mode for experts ;) ). I have to switch to HDMI input with my TV remote to display MP.
    Hm - still - it sonds suspisious that teh PC acts (in terms of HW) as it is working but not reacting - any chance to put a Monitor to the unit too to check?

markus_g

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2006
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    No, black screen ! After resume there is just a plain black screen. If I activate the debug mode (without plugins) there is no black screen, but the GUI is stuck at the time of suspend (you can see it in the clock at the home page). Nevertheless the effect is the same,MP and the whole computer doesn't respond to any user input.
    Without MP my computer works fine (tested for ~3 weeks with a lot standby/resume cycles), therefore there is definitly a problem in MP. Ah yes, one more important hint: The problem started with the V1.40 version, previous versions were fine.

Did it start with V1.4 due to the restart on resume being removed?
    Have you tried updating your bios. I know you have tried many other things.
    http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H77M-ITX/?cat=Download&os=BIOS

Regards, Markus

ArneB

Portal Member
    March 14, 2012
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom