MP1-4070_BUG_Resuming_from_Standby_not_working (3 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks will analyse it :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    OK - here we go ...

First of all - the last report was with HTPCinfo disabled but the dll were still there - when I have them removed the situation was as follows:

- NO HTPC Info - Atmowin active - Powerscheduler Client active [Powerscheduler on (Client).zip]: System freezes at TV Screen and isnot responsive anymore
    - NO HTPC Info - Atmowin active - Powerscheduler Client disabled (on the Client config only) [Powerscheduler of (Client)- freeze on shuztdown.zip]: System is responding and when switching TV of and on it runs as it should. But when doing shutdown it freezes at the Startscreen
    - NO HTPC Info - Atmowin active - Powerscheduler Client disbaled, atmowin disabled (dll renamed) [log.zip]: Systemn is responding and TV is resuming itself - but without audio. Switching TV off and on and Audio is fine too. Closing MP is also working fine.

So - at the bottom line there are three impactors for me:

HTPCInfo
    Powersheduler
    Atmolight

Hi,

Can you describe (step by step for noob) how you do your test ? (please :) )
    If i read your last try :
    - NO HTPC Info - Atmowin active - Powerscheduler Client disbaled, atmowin disabled (dll renamed) [log.zip]: Systemn is responding and TV is resuming itself - but without audio. Switching TV off and on and Audio is fine too. Closing MP is also working fine.
    It seems that you put your PC in standby while TV is running ?

I want to be sure how you try it :)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    OK - here we go ...

First of all - the last report was with HTPCinfo disabled but the dll were still there - when I have them removed the situation was as follows:

- NO HTPC Info - Atmowin active - Powerscheduler Client active [Powerscheduler on (Client).zip]: System freezes at TV Screen and isnot responsive anymore
    - NO HTPC Info - Atmowin active - Powerscheduler Client disabled (on the Client config only) [Powerscheduler of (Client)- freeze on shuztdown.zip]: System is responding and when switching TV of and on it runs as it should. But when doing shutdown it freezes at the Startscreen

So - at the bottom line there are three impactors for me:

HTPCInfo
    Powersheduler
    Atmolight

Hi,

Can you describe (step by step for noob) how you do your test ? (please :) )
    If i read your last try :
    It seems that you put your PC in standby while TV is running ?

I want to be sure how you try it :)

Live TV is always running when I put the PC to sleep but the TV set itself turns off before the PC goes to sleep.

In MP I turn on live TV fullscreen - via the remote I shut down TV and send the PC to sleep (The TV turns off first - the PC takes longer - approx 5 to 7 seconds after the TV it goes to sleep) - turn on both via Remote (I use a Harmony so it's handled both with one key) - TV Turns on and approx 5 sec after TV PC wakes up.

Than I see a few seconds (or in case MP has stopped responding the whole time) the frozen TV Live Picture. With the second setup I use a Keystroke to return to the Main Menue and go to Live TV again - and it's working (but closing MP result in frozen StartPicture). In the last try the full screen frozen pic returns to the TV Menue after a second or so (TV left hand Menue right hand) and TV starts playing without sound. Stop and startLive TV in the menue and it's fine.[DOUBLEPOST=1379421043][/DOUBLEPOST]Ah - yes - what I have forgotrten - with all test before I had Power schedluer disabled on teh clinet side (I hade figured out that it was crashing teh client after resume a hile ago). Turned it on when HTPC info dll's were renoved to confirtm if it realy is crashing the system.

Last edited:

ArneB

Portal Member
    March 14, 2012
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yet another crash report...
    Installed MP version: V1.5.0 V2 (from the first page)
    At 18:30 the HTPC was in suspend mode. Waking up resulted in fans & harddisk started running, everything seems to be ok. But i encountered again a black screen of death. I had to shut down my computer (pressing power switch >4 seconds), because nothing else helped.
    After powerdown MP was automatically restarted during Windows startup.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    At 18:30 the HTPC was in suspend mode. Waking up resulted in fans & harddisk started running, everything seems to be ok. But i encountered again a black screen of death. I had to shut down my computer (pressing power switch >4 seconds), because nothing else helped.

You mean blue screen of death ? If so, I think I am correct in saying that MP cannot cause this. This would normally be caused by a hardware or driver fault.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    do you use a remote ? I've had black screen on resume before and it was due to the IR receiver for the remote waking the pc to power up but not actually firing up windows.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I think it's resume and all is black (like resume is not working) and need to turn off pc and when restart MP is back like it should be on resume.
    If it's that, i have already seeing it with my PC (but maybe few times and also without MP running so i would say that is not related to MP but more like drivers issue or something)

To be clear, Windows start correctly and no analyse of HDD etc. but screen is black and it's like resume is freezed.

ArneB

Portal Member
    March 14, 2012
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No, black screen ! After resume there is just a plain black screen. If I activate the debug mode (without plugins) there is no black screen, but the GUI is stuck at the time of suspend (you can see it in the clock at the home page). Nevertheless the effect is the same,MP and the whole computer doesn't respond to any user input.
    Without MP my computer works fine (tested for ~3 weeks with a lot standby/resume cycles), therefore there is definitly a problem in MP. Ah yes, one more important hint: The problem started with the V1.40 version, previous versions were fine.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    The diff between me and you (when black screen happen but rarely maybe 3 times for month).
    I remember that one time MP was close but maybe when MP is running it trigger something on my mother board (it's an ASUS P5B Deluxe if i remember).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom