MP1-4420: Potential Fix for the broken Startup Delay on resume (1 Viewer)

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
... as I don't want to do a reinstall to 1.8.0.
My MediaPortal.exe is for MP 1.9 pre-release (exactly: 1.8.100.0). HomeY's version should be something like 1.8.100.xxx, so it is incomaptible with my MediaPortal.exe by version number. I am sorry, but you have to reinstall 1.9 pre-release to test my fix...

Michael

pdiaz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2007
    Home Country
    ... as I don't want to do a reinstall to 1.8.0.
    My MediaPortal.exe is for MP 1.9 pre-release (exactly: 1.8.100.0). HomeY's version should be something like 1.8.100.xxx, so it is incomaptible with my MediaPortal.exe by version number. I am sorry, but you have to reinstall 1.9 pre-release to test my fix...

Michael

Thanks Michael. For the life of me I can't find a link to the 1.9 Pre-release for download. Could you post the link?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    For the life of me I can't find a link to the 1.9 Pre-release for download.
    The official 1.9 PR is not available yet, so my interpretation is that you'd have to build MediaPortal from source code in order to use Michael's version. Having said that, the official version shouldn't be too far away now...

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

had a Crash to Desktop after Resume from S3 and start livetv. I am not sure that this is related to this Build but i wanted to let you know. Log Files are attached.

Thanks!

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

had a Crash to Desktop after Resume from S3 and start livetv. I am not sure that this is related to this Build but i wanted to let you know. Log Files are attached.

Thanks!
    I cannot find the crash in the logs. At what day / time was it?

Michael

PS: You have no resume delay configured, so testing my version does not make much sense in terms of functionality, but only for regression. Anyway: Thank you for testing and reporting!

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Thanks!
    I cannot find the crash in the logs. At what day / time was it?

Michael

PS: You have no resume delay configured, so testing my version does not make much sense in terms of functionality, but only for regression. Anyway: Thank you for testing and reporting!

It was today at 17:40. So the last / newest Log entry should show something.

I disabled Delay on Resume yesterday to see if Resume works fine without it. With 1.8 i had issues with that.
    (Crash on Resume, or better - no reaction to Keyboard or Mouse, so only "Kill the Task" helped, but MP was not crashed)

And for now Resume without Delay works also fine. :) Is that something that could belong to your changes?

struppi21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2011
    Bayern
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have tested 1.9_Pre release and the MediaPortal.exe of michael_t (# 2) but it does not work on my system.

I had the same issue as described at my bug report for 1.8.0_FINAL:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ume-from-standby-at-different-actions.127012/
    The older version from HoneY had fixed my problem (MediaPortalSetup_1.8.0-96-g638ec25_(MP1-4420-BUG-Startup_resume_not_used_correctly_fix_multiple_POWERBROADCAST_branch)_for_TESTING_ONLY_2014-07-29-19-32.exe)

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thats bad.

I can say that we have not a single Crash after Wakeup from Resume with 1.9pre.
    And i don´t need the "Wait x seconds on Resume" function anymore with 1.9pre. Wakeup works fine every time.

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have tested 1.9_Pre release and the MediaPortal.exe of michael_t (# 2) but it does not work on my system.

I had the same issue as described at my bug report for 1.8.0_FINAL:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ume-from-standby-at-different-actions.127012/
    The older version from HoneY had fixed my problem (MediaPortalSetup_1.8.0-96-g638ec25_(MP1-4420-BUG-Startup_resume_not_used_correctly_fix_multiple_POWERBROADCAST_branch)_for_TESTING_ONLY_2014-07-29-19-32.exe)
    Please could you describe shortly what you did and what happened on your system (the discussion in the thread refernced is a bit lengthy and I do not know what you mean exactly). From the logs I cannot see any crash, but this does not say much...

Michael

struppi21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2011
    Bayern
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please could you describe shortly what you did and what happened on your system (the discussion in the thread refernced is a bit lengthy and I do not know what you mean exactly). From the logs I cannot see any crash, but this does not say much...

With the following steps MP always freeze on my system:
    resume MP from standby.
    Go to the recordings.
    Watch a recorded tv.
    Press EXIT on the remote to return to the recordings menu.
    Press INFO on the remote(F9 on keyboard) to open the info menu.
    Then the GUI is frozen and I have to kill the application.

I have no problem if I close MP and start it again after the resume from standby.

P.S. I want to open the info menu to delete the viewed recording.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom