[Bug] [MP1-4525] freezes when one video is playing (in small win) and play another video will come (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    From your log :
    It freeze here :
    [2014-06-29 12:09:43,824] [Log ] [9 ] [INFO ] - VideoPlayer9: Cleanup DShow graph

So it mean it try to stop 'hr = mediaCtrl.Stop();' but if it's like the first fix, it freeze on that line because of different thread or something.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Will upload a bin to test, i try to stop player when enter into my pictures to see what happen, but like i can't reproduce it, i don't know if it will change anything for you.

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I had different audio renderer as you have (I had MP renderer), so I changed it and I have same setting as you have and still MP freezes.

I found out new probably the most simple way how to MP freeze:
    1. to play video from video menu -> green button to minimize video screen in the middle on the top of the screen
    2. to play camera video from picture menu -> MP freezes (I tested 2 different codecs - mts2 and avi, issue is in both cases)

Log is attached.

So it mean it try to stop 'hr = mediaCtrl.Stop();' but if it's like the first fix, it freeze on that line because of different thread or something.
    No idea as I am running only MP on this machine - see installed SW.

Attachments

• Filmerit printscreen.png
      Filmerit printscreen.png
      33.8 KB
    • GUI setting.png
      GUI setting.png
      80.6 KB
    • LAV audio setting 1.png
      LAV audio setting 1.png
      18.4 KB
    • LAV audio setting 2.png
      LAV audio setting 2.png
      12.1 KB
    • LAV video setting.png
      LAV video setting.png
      23 KB
    • HTPC installed SW.png
      HTPC installed SW.png
      74.4 KB

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    It is same with new bin:(
    Logs attached.

BTW, do you have LAV audio and LAV video setting same as me? Do you have AMD CPU/GPU?[DOUBLEPOST=1404057674][/DOUBLEPOST]New info with binV2:

UseCase#1: When I play TV recorded file, then I press green button -> small video windows -> go to "Picture" menu, when I jump in to the Picture menu it stops to play TV recorded file -> I think this is what you plan in binV2, right?

UseCase#2: When I play movie video (mpg or avi), then I press green button -> small video windows -> go to "Picture" menu, when I jump in to the Picture menu it stops to play movie video file -> I think this is what you plan in binV2, right?

UseCase#3: When I play movie video (mp4), then I press green button -> small video windows -> go to "Picture" menu, when I jump in to the Picture menu it DOES NOT stops to play movie video file.

Can you try usecase#3 on your system, please? It looks like the issue is only with mp4 video, then when you go in Picture menu, the mp4 video is not stopped. Then when I want to play another camera video from picture menu, then MP freezes.[DOUBLEPOST=1404058208][/DOUBLEPOST]I am sure for 99.9999%:) the issue is when I play mp4 video (in small screen) before I go to "Pictures":)

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I have the same setting as you and i have AMD and Intel HD4000 :)

UseCase#1: Correct.

UseCase#2: Correct.

UseCase#3: Ahah :) MP4 can be also a music song so it doesn't stop it :)

I think you are right, i need to test with MP4 to confirm your feeling.

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Thank you a lot! It looks it works now, there is after very fast testing period of time just one small issue, when you jump in to the Pictures, it starts to play last video automatically, which I think is not required behaviour, but I gave to check if it happens every time or just sometimes.

Let me test properly bin V3 and I will let you know within 1,5 h.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep, it didn't do it here (surely a setting somewhere) and it seems to confirm the autoplay video, that i think when looking your video #1 to show the issue, the freeze occurs when enter into my pictures, so that's lead to auto start the video but not sure why lol.

For now i remove the auto stop when enter into my picture but we can always reinsert it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom