[Bug] [MP1-4525] freezes when one video is playing (in small win) and play another video will come (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Martin,

There is surely something, could you retest with watchdog (first option) and post log ?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)

I maybe found what happen, i just try to reproduce and i didn't have exactly like you but i get that :

1- I start slideshow on a video.
    2- Go to Home
    3- Stop the video ('B' key or stop on remote)
    4- Go to picture
    5- Slideshow continue to work (for me it play a picture but if my first file will be a video, i think it will start the video).

So in final the fix will be when stopping a video in home or whatever, the slideshow should be stopped too (but like the stop is not in 'my pictures' then the slideshow didn't receive the stop but only the player).

So i need to change the logic : if we comes from a different GUI than 'my pictures' then stop the slideshow or not continue it.

Not sure when i will have time to work on it (maybe try on next week end) :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hmmm sorry it's not the same issue lol but still if you can test :)

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi
    I maybe found what happen, i just try to reproduce and i didn't have exactly like you but i get that :
    1- I start slideshow on a video.
    2- Go to Home
    3- Stop the video ('B' key or stop on remote)
    4- Go to picture
    5- Slideshow continue to work (for me it play a picture but if my first file will be a video, i think it will start the video).
    So in final the fix will be when stopping a video in home or whatever, the slideshow should be stopped too (but like the stop is not in 'my pictures' then the slideshow didn't receive the stop but only the player).
    So i need to change the logic : if we comes from a different GUI than 'my pictures' then stop the slideshow or not continue it.
    Not sure when i will have time to work on it (maybe try on next week end)

Whow:LOL:
    I think this is exactly the issue I reported. I tested exactly your process here (just the slideshow with pictures) and I have same issue:
    1. I started the slide show (in Picture submenu) - in my case not video but pictures
    2. I press green button -> Go to Home
    3. Go to Picture -> it open first picture in the list in last opened picture

I think it happens in first 2 cases:
    1. in case of slideshow (for both cases - picture slideshow or video slideshow) -> this is you found out
    2. in case of video playing in Pictures (without slideshow) -> this is I found out
    3. in case of show the picture in Pictures (without slideshow) it works fine:)
    In case of 1 is interesting the picture slideshow does not continue when you go again from Home screen to Pictures, it just display picture - the first file in the list, nothing else.
    In case of 1 is interesting the video slideshow continues when you go again from Home screen to Pictures, it plays video - the first file in the list and continue to play other videos in list order.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Finally, i have worked yesterday evening on it and have surely fix, i have the change in my own build for now, i need to extract it for current Jira :)

I should have fix 3 last issues :
    https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4526
    https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4525

And notice also on fast switch of slide, MP can get in a loop and then the only solution is to close it (should be fixed too) and related to MP1-4526 :)

So i think i will push my change to both both and create installer and you can test both if possible :)

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    ould you confirm the issue adressed by HomeY in Jira (comment) ? : https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4526
    Thanks
    I was trying to understand how to repeat this issue, but I would need from you more detail explanation:

When starting recursive slideshow in DATA view and shuffle option, all pictures are started in same order.

1- Set shuffle option -> no idea where to set it up

2- Start slideshow bu using recursive mode -> no idea what is recursive mode

3- All pictures are started in same order (BUG).

Can you write down in more detail the process how to repeat the issue please?

Both Jira will be updated soon
    In between, you can try my own build with both patch in it : (upload will finish in 25 minutes)
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10536084/mp/Fork/MediaPortalSetup_1.8.0_2014-07-17-07-36-SEB.exe
    This is amazing!(y) I will test it today in the evening and let you know results (I would need from you more detail description for MP1-4526):)

Does the new patch contains only patches for 4525 + 4526 or are there also other changes against the MP1.8.0 final version?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)

I have edited the Jira to explain a little bit but a screenshot is better : (Auto shuffle slideshow and for recursive, it's the R.Slideshow option, it will load all picture from all folder)

upload_2014-7-17_13-59-36.png

upload_2014-7-17_14-1-27.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom