[MP1-4578] Crashes after standby. (1 Viewer)

killer8

Portal Pro
July 29, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Will do that later, i'm quite sure this can be the problem file since this was the only .xml already available before I installed worldweather titan skin files from the link earlier.

Hi, I removed the common.time.xml from my titan skin folder and tested mediaportal. But it still completely freezes sometimes after standby. So it seems this file isn't the cause of the crashes.

Another thing is, as long as I disable worldweather in mediaportal configuration there is no crash. I've been running mediaportal with worldweather disabled since last week for most of the time and when it's disabled it never crashes. But as soon as I enable it, mediaportal will crash atleast 1 out of 3 times after wake up from standby.

Can you try these files (copy them into the Titan skin folder, make sure you create a back-up of the original files) and see if the problem goes away. This is taking the weather animation away from the home screen, this worked for me (see post on page 8 of this thread).

Hi, I just tried these files but it doesn't work. I replaced both files(date is gone now) and enabled weather plugin but I keep getting a crash after standby on no internet popup. It seems something is really wrong with Worldweather plugin including titan and mediaportal 1.9 after standby.

I see, a bug is found, should this also solve my crash or just the crash from HTPC_Sourcer?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Killer8 :)

The HTPC_Sourcer is something different that doesn't crash MP but act like the wake up was inactive and then MP stay freezed (GUI).
    You have something different that crash MP.

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Killer8 :)

The HTPC_Sourcer is something different that doesn't crash MP but act like the wake up was inactive and then MP stay freezed (GUI).
    You have something different that crash MP.

Thats the same issue, i've confirmed here. Every time i wake up may HTPC, MP crashes to Desktop. How can i help to fixx this issue? @Sebastiii @Micropolis

If it's a different issue is there anything else I can test or is there a fix yet? I mean when Worldweather plugin is disabled mediaportal runs flawless for a week now. But when I enabled the plugin mediaportal will crash within 3 wake ups. Even removing the 2 titan theme files doesn't make a difference.

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No it doesn't crash to desktop. It freezes and I have to kill it.
    Well, that sounds very much like what I have been describing all the time, doesn't it? I guess you will just have to wait and see what miracle Seb is coming up with over the week-end.(y)
    Almost, beside in your case it always freezes right? In my case it only freezes when Worldweather plugin including titan skin has been enabled.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    And the fix :)

So to be short : MP need to send a delayed resume message to itself but for this MP need to be focused and it's here the main issue, MP is or is not focused sometimes and lead to MP freezed and can't be recover.

The fix get the correct window handle and send the message even if MP is not focused :)

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    And the fix :)

So to be short : MP need to send a delayed resume message to itself but for this MP need to be focused and it's here the main issue, MP is or is not focused sometimes and lead to MP freezed and can't be recover.

The fix get the correct window handle and send the message even if MP is not focused :)
    I think yuo were right about this issue is different from the one I started this thread about. I just tried your fix anyway and it indeed doesn't fix my freeze/crash after standby. Straight after I enabled worldweather plugin and sleep/wake up the problem occurs again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom