[MP1-4578] Crashes after standby. (3 Viewers)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe you need to send again PBT_APMRESUMEAUTOMATIC wait few sec and send PBT_APMRESUMESUSPEND, it should unfreeze MP.
    Seb,

The delay of 5 sec is something that I had earlier entered into the config to test the effect. The freeze is there also without any activated delay. Repeated resend of the commands 2/3 to the windowed MP with the tool doesn't change anything - sadly MePo remains unresponsive.

I can and will try the wakeup of windowed MP later today. What I can already say now is that the MePo windows is coming back with black content after resume. As everything else on this machine operates normally after resume- I can browse, open explorer, check out server paths, etc. - this seems to be related exclusively to the MePo process. The situation is very annoying because WAF never was real high and has now fallen to negative values.

Cheers,
    HTPC_Sourcer

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep :) i hope that with the tool it can confirm to unfreeze MP and then we can test a fix :)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Rien à faire :mad:

1. Started MP in Window mode
    2. Sent it into Standby using the MePo command
    3. Woke PC up with a key press - Window Shows black Content only. MediaPortal-Error.log is attached
    4. Used SendMessage tool to send APMRESUMEAUTOMATIC and APMRESUMESUSPEND

There is absolutely no reaction to anything that I send to MePo. The software is just dead after resume.

Regards,
    HTPC_Sourcer

Attachments

• MediaPortal.zip
      22.7 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The software is just dead after resume.
    Well, mediaportal.exe is running since it is logging the suspend commands and also the music scraper operates. It's just that the GUI is not coming back.

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep :)

And until it didn't handle the correct power broadcast message it will be freezed.

It's a pain (i know).

In log it seems mp get PBT_APMRESUMEAUTOMATIC a lot of time and only one PBT_APMRESUMESUSPEND, did you try PBT_APMRESUMESUSPEND after those multiple PBT_APMRESUMEAUTOMATIC.

Or event sent the PBT_APMSUSPEND and PBT_APMRESUMEAUTOMATIC and PBT_APMRESUMESUSPEND.

You can try without put PC in standby to find the correct sequence that should unfreeze MP :)

Normally it should be :
    PBT_APMSUSPEND (MP freezed) and PBT_APMRESUMEAUTOMATIC (MP freezed) and PBT_APMRESUMESUSPEND (MP unfreezed):)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Maybe you need to start sendmessage with admin right :) (but not 100% sure)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Every command was sent multiple times - and I tried every possible combination. APMRESUMESUSPEND was also sent repeatedly. If it's only received once then MePo is doing something wrong. The problem occurs on one client only. Another one that is running on older hardware but with Windows 8.1 has no problems. The issue is there since 1.8, although I am not sure if it's 1.9 itself or maybe a Windows update.

Also I don't really want to play with the tool to find "the correct sequence". What's the point to find a sequence? This is supposed to work, isn't it? I am able to suspend the MePo process also with the tool (see postings above from yesterday), but there is no way to wake it up again.

I do believe that there is a MediaPortal issue here. Are we talking bug or not?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    It seems that i have reproduce the issue :)
    Try to set 0 on resume (about start delay)

But still :
    With the tool, i send :
    1- PBT_APMSUSPEND and MP get freezed
    2- PBT_APMRESUMEAUTOMATIC always MP freezed (i have set a delay of 5 sec)
    3- PBT_APMRESUMESUSPEND MP should unfreezed, but it didn't, it seems it get lost in step 2, now i try to send multiple PBT_APMRESUMESUSPEND (even after 5 secs) and it give :
    [2014-10-08 20:43:22,725] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: OnPowerBroadcast - wait for ResumeAutomatic / ResumeDelayed message

Now i send again :
    PBT_APMRESUMEAUTOMATIC and i wait 10 sec and send PBT_APMRESUMESUSPEND -> stay freeze

So it seems something is wrong and lead to state where PBT_APMRESUMESUSPEND can't recover MP.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep try 0 and uncheck the delay, it seems that it's OK.

So we have a bug :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom