[MP1-4578] Crashes after standby. (1 Viewer)

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok. I will try the new version and will report if my standby\resume are solved or unaffected

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello killer8,

Can we now assume that Sebastiii's solution fixes your crashes now and that previous crashes are independently regarding the WorldWeather plugin and Titan skin files?

Thank you for your testing effort.

@Helios61: Do you have tried the solution from Sebastiii? Can you also give a feedback, that PureVision skin files are not responsible for crashes on your HTPC?

Cheers, Micropolis

I think so, but i'm not really sure since I only tested a few times with 1.6.1 and the fix. But i've been running sebastiii's fix v4 with your 1.6.2 since yesterday night and didn't had any problem since then(except the 2 crashes I mentioned yesterday with resume).

Another thing I noticed with 1.6.2, I've not seen the no internet popup anymore.

For the Sebastii's build, I didn't have any problem since yesterday night so I will continue with the freeze fix including 1.9 final for now.

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello killer8,
    ... Another thing I noticed with 1.6.2, I've not seen the no internet popup anymore...
    Yes and this is correct. As I wrote in my post #142, "... This version includes minor changes to the internal internet connectivity handling. Failed internet connects will be handled in a different way and will be logged only, the notification dialog has been removed...".

Micropolis

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello killer8,

Yes and this is correct. As I wrote in my post #142, "... This version includes minor changes to the internal internet connectivity handling. Failed internet connects will be handled in a different way and will be logged only, the notification dialog has been removed...".

Micropolis
    So I don't need to fix anything in the skinfiles for that part? :)

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello killer8,

Micropolis

Oke, thank you. Nice addition:)

So I don't need to fix anything in the skinfiles for that part? :)

I think so, I didn't have any crash since I've installed the newer worldweather plugin and fix from Sebastiii. However I still don't get why the problem only occured when titan and worldweather are used/enabled and I didn't had a problem when I used a different skin and disabled worldweather.

Incase the problem occurs again I will make a reply to this topic for sure:)

I would like to thank everyone for their effort and help in fixing the issue!

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Just resumed from standby - and had a MePo Crash. Logs were not running at debug level, all I have is attached. Reason seems to be a DirectX/3D error

[2014-10-13 19:02:17,474] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - D3D: Back Buffer Size set to: 1024x768
    [2014-10-13 19:02:17,484] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - D3D: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL - presentation parametters might contain an invalid value

This is the first that I encounter such a crash on this machine. The log is also showing that DISPLAY1 Comes up in 1024x768. Then a displaz Switch to DISPLAY1 (the same) is taking place, which Switches resolution to full HD.

I don't think that this is related to the patch though but maybe somebody has an idea.

Attachments

• MediaPortal.zip
      2 KB

evilgroby

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Since 2 month i have same problems like you.
    Cycling errors of D3D: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL and your plugin errors.
    See here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/d3d-error-with-nvidia-latest-drivers.125035/

I switched back to an old image and deactivated world weather and think it is much better.
    But i am not such a good bug tester like you ;-)

Had an eye on this thread because i hope to find the failure.
    Maybe i try to switch to Maya or Avallonis to test the new environment.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    The resolution to 1024 is quite normal and should be restore to the current resolution 1920... :)
    But the D3D: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL is quite a pain and no clue where it comes from.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We'll see if it happens again. I take a look at the resume tomorrow morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom