[MP1-4578] Crashes after standby. (2 Viewers)

driver140771

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2010
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello, i have tested the V13 four times with my TV-Server in standby and the Client in Standy.
    On all starts it work`s great: The Serve woke up and the Client starts without errors (y)(y)(y)

I set the delay time to 0.

Thank`s, great work!

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Sebastii

If v13 seems to be good could make an updated installer of 1.10 pre for testing - that would he great

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I just resumed my htpc and mediaportal crashed. It closed to the desktop with d3d errors. I've been using V13 fix for 2 days now. The last sleep before the resume and crash was only 10/20 minutes.

Here are the logs.

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Here are the logs.
    please use at least WatchDog option #3 to collect the logs, so we have a full set (including sytem logs).
    Oke, I will enable watchdog again, not sure if I will have the same error again.

What do you mean by option #3? Log verbosity: informatin?

Anything you can see based on the logs I already provided? I couldn't find anything in the system logs.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    When starting watchdog tool, you can select first middle and last option and start MP from there right ? :)
    So could you try again :)

D3D error seems to be related to GPU drivers and using delayed resume message (V6 version) seems to disturb it, now in V13 we didn't have delayed message, it's surely better but if GPU drivers is not fully ok or something, we can run into the issue again :(.

So sure what we can need to do except try MP2 maybe it handle it better :)

Maybe another solution will be to not stop render upon standby and remove all XP hack but i don't know lol and hard to fix it without reproduce the issue on my side (i need that because i'm not a real good dev lol).

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    In your log, i can see devicelost message, will try to understand @ what moment is trigger and see if ican try to handle that :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Here are the logs.
    please use at least WatchDog option #3 to collect the logs, so we have a full set (including sytem logs).
    Oke, I will enable watchdog again, not sure if I will have the same error again.

What do you mean by option #3? Log verbosity: informatin?

Anything you can see based on the logs I already provided? I couldn't find anything in the system logs.

And yes, set your log to debug setting too :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Here we go for V14 :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @Sebastii

If v13 seems to be good could make an updated installer of 1.10 pre for testing - that would he great

I will push my change into a new branch and keep old one for reference and like this we can have an installer :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom