[MP1-4578] Crashes after standby. (3 Viewers)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello killer8,
again: I suspect, that any part of the Titan skin definition, visibility condition or anything like this should be the root cause. Accordingly it is required to take a deeper look into the skin files itself. I suggest that from within the configuration of WorldWeather we switch on/off functionalities like "Images", "Astronomy" step by step to find the wrong part.
Today in the afternoon I'll try it with Titan, DefaultWide and my own skin, but couldn't reproduce the issue which you have. So, we can go through the process described before or invite a professional skinner to support us.

Cheers, Micropolis

killer8

Portal Pro
July 29, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi, I will be happy to help you. However we maybe better ask one of the creators of titan first, maybe they have a clue what the problem can be?

One things I noticed is the temperature shows up in titan, this isn't the case in Defaultwide. Maybe this causes the crash.

Do you know who can have a look at the titan skin? Or do you prefer to have me try a few options?(can you please list them?)

Another thing I can think of is reinstalling the skin files, maybe this will make a difference.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,
I have in mind, that @powermarcel10 was the creator of the initial skin files (see here).
We should ask him first, maybe @catavolt as our Design Manager can also help with his extensive experiences and knowledge. Finally we can prepare a step-by-step test scenario to include/exclude WorldWeather features. For the tests itself, I would like to come back to your help.

Cheers, Micropolis

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @killer8: Have you allready tried to use the defaultwide skin to see what happend? Than we can see if it is a skinproblem or not...

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes I did, no crashes anymore. So it seems to be World weather plugin with Titan skin only.
    Allright thanks, in that case I will see what I can do.. But actually I have no idea where to look at this moment! :p

But please give me some time..

Cheers
    Thank you,if you want me to test anything just ask. More information can be found earlier in this topic.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Allright, can you try to remove all worldweather skinfiles from the titan folder? Just everything than begins with "WorldWeather":

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan

Backup the files to an empty folder. Try to reproduce the issue and see what happend.

Thing is that I see a lot more of this kind of issues being reported in the past, with no clear reason.. So it's a kind of mistery! :p

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Also, maybe you can try to run the MCE standby tool by slick solutions.. That's resolved some standby issues for me in the past. (I'm not using standby anymore since I have to SSD's in RAID0, so startup time is not really an issue here..)

http://slicksolutions.eu/downloads.shtml

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have in mind, that @powermarcel10 was the creator of the initial skin files (see here).
    Some additional info from my part: I'm using Marcel's skinfiles for Titan Extended on my productive system. It goes into S3 every night and i never have a crash on startup with them.
    The last crashes i had related to WorldWeather were related to the 'force update after resume setting', but Micropolis fixed that a long time ago ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom