[MP1-4578] Crashes after standby. (2 Viewers)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can add to this: running MePo in a Client/Server Environment (WSE 2012, like HomeY) with WorldWeather installed. I am experiencing major issues when resuming from standby on a new PC with H87 chipset and Intel HD graphics (HTPC1 in my sys infos:
    • When the picture comes back, the system is running in a wrong resolution, MePo Displays at about 1/4 of the screen with the rest of the desktop visible, although it is supposed to run in full screen mode. It then hangs. Keyboard is essentially non-functional, the Windows key is working though and I can bring up the Start menu to select MePo Configuration, which terminates the MePo process.
    • Relauch of MePo brings up the expected Titan menu in the correct Resolution
    • Starting TV does in almost all cases not work - I am just getting a dark screen with no sound. The issue pertains when MePo is restarted
    • Restarting the PC solves the above and MePo is running normally
    I believe that those issues began with 1.8 but I am not 100% certain because the launch of 1.8 and the new PC may have coincided. I have no problems at all on another PC, hence it is not related to the TV Server, which runs without issues.

All in all this could be more a graphics driver / MePo incompatibility. I could not see anything of value in the logs but will gladly upload anything that can be of help to pinpoint the root cause.

EDIT: I just resumed HTPC1 from yesterday's standby. Issues as above except that instead of the MePo Screen there was a black rectangle with the desktop behind. System hangs and NO logs are generated. No idea what is happening.

Regards,
    HTPC_Sourcer

Last edited:

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!

Made some tests with PureVision Skin. Unfortunately the same issue: After wakeup from S4 first i get the message "WorldWeather - No Internet connection". After pressing a button on remote, MP crashes to desktop. Watchdog Logs are attached. In error log i've noticed the known error ->

[2014-10-05 01:26:29,374] [Error ] [20 ] [ERROR] - LoadSkin: Running on wrong thread - StackTrace: ' bei System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
    bei System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.LoadSkin()
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.AllocResources()
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.DoRestoreSkin()
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.GetWindow(Int32 dwID, Boolean tryRestoreSkin)
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIControl.SelectItemControl(Int32 iWindowId, Int32 iControlId, Int32 iItem)
    bei Common.GUIPlugins.WindowPluginBase.SelectCurrentItem()
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Music.GUIMusicFiles.<>c__DisplayClass1.<LoadDirectory>b__0(Object param0)
    bei System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
    bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    bei System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
    bei System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
    bei System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()'

That was the time, MP goes into S4.

Best regards
    Helios

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

Was out of town yesterday so will continue testing today. I reinstalled both titan extended and worldweather but this doesn't make a difference. I still got crashes after resume. However since I've disabled worldweather plugin i've never had any crash. I've also tried to remove weather skin files from titan this gave me a crash to the desktop where mediaportal is still running in the background but crashed. I've attached the watchdog zip. Had this crash like 3 times after removing these files.

A thing I noticed, both purevision(helios had crashes with this) and titan have a weather temperature indicator in the home screen. Defaultwide doesn't have this so maybe this has something to do with the crashes.

I've used MCE standby tool in the past but stopped using it after problems. Not sure what that was, but I prefere to not install it. Another thing is the problem is completely gone after I disable worldweather plugin so can't be a problem with standby in windows.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello HTPC_Sourcer, Helios61, killer8,

... running MePo in a Client/Server Environment (WSE 2012, like HomeY) with WorldWeather installed. I am experiencing major issues when resuming from standby on a new PC with H87 chipset and Intel HD graphics ...

Is it also reproducible in case WorldWeather is not installed/deactivated?

... Made some tests with PureVision Skin. Unfortunately the same issue ...

Do you get the same test results for scenarios decribed here?

@killer8: From my point of view it makes sense to understand, 1) which Titan skin files do you use and 2) a feedback, when you use the attached version of WorldWeather. So, please upload your skin files here and test the attached version (all resume features are removed from the binary) in the same way as before.

Cheers, Micropolis

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    and test the attached version (all resume features are removed from the binary) in the same way as before.
    Hello HTPC_Sourcer, Helios61, killer8,

... running MePo in a Client/Server Environment (WSE 2012, like HomeY) with WorldWeather installed. I am experiencing major issues when resuming from standby on a new PC with H87 chipset and Intel HD graphics ...

Is it also reproducible in case WorldWeather is not installed/deactivated?

... Made some tests with PureVision Skin. Unfortunately the same issue ...

Do you get the same test results for scenarios decribed here?

@killer8: From my point of view it makes sense to understand, 1) which Titan skin files do you use and 2) a feedback, when you use the attached version of WorldWeather. So, please upload your skin files here and test the attached version (all resume features are removed from the binary) in the same way as before.

Cheers, Micropolis
    Hi,

no when I disable the worldweather plugin there is no crash at all.

I'm using worldweather 1.6.0.0 and titan extended 1.7.0.344. The skin files I use are the default I've just installed Mediaportal on a new windows installation last week and installed worldweather and titan extended from the extensions manager. So I guess these are the default files provided. I will test the new plugin thank you for providing it.

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Got another crash to the desktop with mediaportal crashed in the background. Zip is attached.

However I also got the no internet popup but mediaportal was still running fine.After this I had a second crash to the desktop with a crashed mediaportal in the background so it seems the problem has only changed a little.

To be clear, I used the new test version of the plugin. provided by micropolis[DOUBLEPOST=1412515344][/DOUBLEPOST]This sounds quite stupid, but I just found out I don't have worldweather themes files installed at the moment just used the temperature in the titan theme. I will have a search for worldweather titan files and install them and report back after that.

I'm trying with https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...iles-for-titan-24-06-2013.115813/#post-957331 now

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello killer8,
    ... Got another crash to the desktop with mediaportal crashed in the background ...

For me it seems that the refresh worker of the FanartHandler plugin crashes now.

[2014-10-05 14:44:24,232] [Error ] [RefreshWorker] [ERROR] - LoadSkin: Running on wrong thread - StackTrace: ' bij System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
    bij System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
    bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.LoadSkin()
    bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.AllocResources()
    bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.DoRestoreSkin()
    bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.GetWindow(Int32 dwID, Boolean tryRestoreSkin)
    bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIControl.HideControl(Int32 iWindowId, Int32 iControlId)
    bij FanartHandler.FanartSelected.FanartIsNotAvailable(Int32 windowId)
    bij FanartHandler.RefreshWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
    bij System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
    bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs)
    bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)
    bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.AgileAsyncWorkerItem.ThreadPoolCallBack(Object o)
    bij System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
    bij System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    bij System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    bij System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
    bij System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
    bij System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()'

Slowly but surely, I no longer think of test scenarios to isolate the problem. For me it seems, that every plugin, which handle power broadcast messages, can be the initiator of the exception described before.

... A thing I noticed, both purevision(helios had crashes with this) and titan have a weather temperature indicator in the home screen. Defaultwide doesn't have this so maybe this has something to do with the crashes...
    My test skin contains also WorldWeather related information on the home screen. But I do not get any exceptions... Timing issue/race condition/skin hasn't been restored yet, but plugins have the chance to access it?

Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Helios61, killer8, HomeY
    ... I think, it's another known issue! ...
    Sorry, but I cannot support your opinion. Why? Both issues (yours and the issue in the current discussion) ends up in the same error and in the same internal MediaPortal function. As I said before: This must not be an error of MediaPortal itself, but maybe a timing issue or something like this.

@killer8: Last test scenarios which I have in mind to identify the root cause:
    • Disable all plugins (including TV) and try to reproduce.
    • Disable all plugins and enable WorldWeather only, try to reproduce.
    • Enable all installed plugins as before, disable WorldWeather and download WorldWeather Lite. Copy the included skin files to the Titan folder (maybe you must backup the original files before) and try to reproduce.
    @killer8 or any other: Could anyone translate/understand this event from Windows? ("Foutbucket -702090490, type 5 Naam van gebeurtenis: WPNConnectionFailure Antwoord: Niet beschikbaar Id van CAB-bestand: 0 Handtekening van probleem: P1: Data Connect P2: 880403fa P3: WNP P4: Unknown P5: Unknown P6: Unknown P7: 1 P8: 176 P9: P10: Toegevoegde bestanden: C:\Users\Christian\AppData\Local\Temp\wpn_6790157842583554044.evtx Deze bestanden zijn mogelijk hier beschikbaar: Analysesymbool: Opnieuw zoeken naar oplossing: 0 Rapport-id: 0b037320-4c94-11e4-bf1c-001a7dda7115 Rapportstatus: 0 Opgedeelde bucket: e92969de10ad7d5b5fccdd307f264d0f)

@HomeY: Does it make sense to test our feature called "Threaded plugin loading"?

Micropolis

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom