[MP1-4578] Crashes after standby. (2 Viewers)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes. One thing that I did was to put the PC into standby by using the home screen command, i.e. not automatically by PowerScheduler. I will need to check the behavior under different conditions. Now this is the system In the living and it is strongly used, therefore it takes some time to collect information.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    V27 + 5s: Did not resume (7:33) because of not recovering from gfx crash. This time I let the PC go into standby itself, yet I don't believe this is making any difference.

Attachments

• MediaPortal.zip
      141.4 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Then we probably need to be able to restart MePo automatically from scratch upon resume. The option existed in the past but got removed in 1.9 or maybe 1.8. The problem is that family needs to get into a functional environment - or my wife will force me to remove MediaPortal.

One thing that I did not try yet, is to increase the waiting time before resume.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks @HomeY, I was aware of your description. However, I would really prefer to have this within MediaPortal itself, where it is just one tick in the config vs. creating a batch file, setting up the task scheduler, then having the command window opening on desktop, etc, etc. I really believe that it should be part of the application rather than using workarounds.

In any case, while my resume issues may be due to the Intel gfx driver, MediaPortal is the only application that causes trouble. Having said that, I admit that I am not running many DirectX applications on the dedicated HTPC either.:whistle: Do you know of some simple software - I don't want to install a game now - that I could use to test the behavior?

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is the installer in this thread really the 1.10 final? Since when I look in jira https://issues.team-mediaportal.com...ra.jira-projects-plugin:version-summary-panel many issues for this build are still open. So i'm wondering if anything will change between now and december 30th? Another thing can I just upgrade from 1.10 pre to this version and upgrade to 1.10 final when it comes out without problems?

Another question, what will happen with the fixes from this thread? since not all issues could be fixed(atleast that's what I understand based on the comments above me). Will they be included in any future mp version soon?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    V27 + 15s: After having been about one hour in standby, PC resumed correctly with some longer waiting time of 15 sec instead of the previous 5 sec. I am not clear though why the time of standby would affect the behavior.

Attachments

• MediaPortal.zip
      19.2 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    For sure, it's matter of D3D crashing lol.
    Not sure what other tool you can try, maybe XBMC but it will surely not use the same D3D code but maybe worth a try :)

We need some tool that use D3D + OSD or something.

That could be nice is to find a way to trigger the crash :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have notice something in log (crash) so maybe we can do something else :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom