[MP1-4578] Crashes after standby. (2 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    The GPU HUNG happen most on ubuntu and seems to be related to powermanagement :
    http://blogs.operationaldynamics.com/paul/opensource/wine-i915-or-i965-intel_do_flush_locked

upload_2014-12-10_20-53-19.png

So now, how we can disable that feature on windows, because for sure, MP can't recover from the crash, now maybe some focus code or etc trigger it ?

It seems that multiple suspend / resumeauto is a cocktail to trigger the issue lol.

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I just had a crash, it wasn't straight after standby(didn't have these crashes for weeks now) but after standby when I started a movie through tv show plugin. But the error was with D3D so I think it's related. I've included a watchdog zip. When I clicked a tv show to watch the screen went a little smaller then my screen(part of the desktop was shown at the bottom and right side) and the rectangle was black the sound kept playing. I had to kill mediaportal and restart it to get it working again.

I'm still running V26 of this fix with mediaportal 1.10pre since I would like to have an answer to my last reply before I update with the installer from this thread:

Is the installer in this thread really the 1.10 final? Since when I look in jira https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/...ra.jira-projects-plugin:version-summary-panel many issues for this build are still open. So i'm wondering if anything will change between now and december 30th? Another thing can I just upgrade from 1.10 pre to this version and upgrade to 1.10 final when it comes out without problems?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Is the installer in this thread really the 1.10 final? Since when I look in jira https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/...ra.jira-projects-plugin:version-summary-panel many issues for this build are still open. So i'm wondering if anything will change between now and december 30th? Another thing can I just upgrade from 1.10 pre to this version and upgrade to 1.10 final when it comes out without problems?

Maybe MP1-4589 will go for the Public release of final :)
    But the installer in first post has 1.10 Final bump and based on this issue so it's not really a final build but a build that is tagged as final number (1.10) :p

If you install the build, you can reinstall when public final will go out :)

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Maybe MP1-4589 will go for the Public release of final :)
    But the installer in first post has 1.10 Final bump and based on this issue so it's not really a final build but a build that is tagged as final number (1.10) :p

If you install the build, you can reinstall when public final will go out :)
    oke good:) thank you for the information I will upgrade tonight and report back when errors occur or everything stays working.

Does the error I had yesterday evening has anything to do with the problems in this topic?

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @Sebastiii I've installed the 1.10 final installer from this thread and installed patch V27 afterwards but the patch 27 isn't compatible with the installer. I get the error in the attached screenshot, any fix? Without V27 patch it works just fine

Attachments

• Knipsel.PNG
      Knipsel.PNG
      227.9 KB

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Navigate to the install directory and start MP from commandline:
    cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal
    Mediaportal /avoidversioncheck

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @Sebastiii I've installed the 1.10 final installer from this thread and installed patch V27 afterwards but the patch 27 isn't compatible with the installer. I get the error in the attached screenshot, any fix? Without V27 patch it works just fine

Strange, the installer should update the tvplugin too (with patched tvthread) :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    V28 :)
    Just change Bounds to see what happen :)

Attachments

• MediaPortal-V28.zip
      501.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom