[MP1-4578] Crashes after standby (1 Viewer)

pdiaz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2007
    Home Country
    The impression i got from this thread is that this fix wasn't going into the main release due to the risks of messing up the installs of people not experiencing this bug.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mp1-4578-crashes-after-standby.128997/

I'll try to get a log of the error but have had trouble catching it as I usually discover the crash hours after it has occurred.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep MP1-4578 was merged in 1.12 Final :)
    But next pre-release (1.13) will have some bug fix about detection of audio/video device (along with other fix), no real clue if it fix some issue on resume.

That you can try is to start MP before going to standby with watchdog and see if it failed on resume.

You can always collect log too after the crash and post it :)

pdiaz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks for the clarification Sebastiii. Will see if the issue perseveres for me with 1.13.

Mine doesn't crash every time it comes out of standby, it seems to occur when it has woken up to record something. Later in the day when I wake up the computer to watch something, MP will be loaded up but have the wrong time which I think is stuck at the time it resumed to record previously. I can hear GUI sounds when I try to navigate but there is no change in the GUI displayed. I have two buttons on my remote which can close and open MP using IRSS so I use them to restart MP when this happens. I have been tempted to move to Kodi as it loads up in a couple of seconds so I could just have it close before standby and load straight after but I found it nowhere near as good as MP :)

I also have a bug which is well known where my TV is blank if it is turned on after my PC resumes as it has missed the HDMI handshake. The button on my remote I use to start MP I also have run a program called HDMIOn which redoes the handshake which solves both these problems. I'm wondering if the crash I get with MP is related to the missing HDMI handshake as the PC is often off when it wakes up automatically to record. I have also noticed that it occurs less when my kids are at home and the TV is on more often!

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Sometimes, when waking UP my HTPC, i can see the wrong time staying for maybe 30 sec and all goes back to current time, there is background thread doing something and it can be related to some plugins too.

pdiaz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Sometimes, when waking UP my HTPC, i can see the wrong time staying for maybe 30 sec and all goes back to current time, there is background thread doing something and it can be related to some plugins too.

Mine doesn't seem to unfreeze no matter how long I wait. It is even frozen at times when it is already awake for a recording which might have started hours ago.

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Mine doesn't seem to unfreeze no matter how long I wait. It is even frozen at times when it is already awake for a recording which might have started hours ago.

@pdiaz in the past i recommended the "Dr. HDMI" device as solution for this Problem. I have this Device connected between my HTPC and my Receiver and since i did this there is no crash like you described and I had this very often.

BUT: There are other circumstances who can force this. For example, i was using the Skin Titanius and was trying a new Beta Version from the LatestMediaHandler Plugin, with this, i had those Crashes again.
    But they are gone with the latest final from LMH Plugin. I am not sure if the Skin itself count also. (I changed in the same Time to Apollo)

pdiaz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2007
    Home Country
    in the past i recommended the "Dr. HDMI" device as solution for this Problem. I have this Device connected between my HTPC and my Receiver and since i did this there is no crash like you described and I had this very often.

BUT: There are other circumstances who can force this. For example, i was using the Skin Titanius and was trying a new Beta Version from the LatestMediaHandler Plugin, with this, i had those Crashes again.
    But they are gone with the latest final from LMH Plugin. I am not sure if the Skin itself count also. (I changed in the same Time to Apollo)

I've thought of buying that device but it isn't cheap and wan't sure if it would fix the issue but might have to reconsider. I'm using the default titan skin.

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    in the past i recommended the "Dr. HDMI" device as solution for this Problem. I have this Device connected between my HTPC and my Receiver and since i did this there is no crash like you described and I had this very often.

I've thought of buying that device but it isn't cheap and wan't sure if it would fix the issue but might have to reconsider. I'm using the default titan skin.

i believe this is easy to test. Disable all Plugins and see if the crashes stay. If yes i think the Device can help you. I know, it isn´t cheap but it helps. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom