MP1 TV Server "failed to upgrade the database" using MS Sql Server

Discussion in 'Installation, configuration support' started by GilDavis, October 21, 2019.

1. GilDavis

GilDavis New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Trying all afternoon to install MediaPortal 1.23 on a Windows 7 Pro x64 machine. The TV-Server Configuration exe stops with "Failed to upgrade the database" error.

I ran it with "/Configure-DB" and the TEST is successful, so I know I am talking to the Sql Server. Further, it creates the MpTvDb with 47 tables.

The SetUpTv.log file (in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\log) ends with this:

[2019-10-20 20:19:17,294] [Log ] [SetupTv ] [INFO ] - Exec SQL: CREATE INDEX IDX_Program_Notify ON Program(notify)
    [2019-10-20 20:19:17,304] [Log ] [SetupTv ] [INFO ] - ********* SQL statement failed! *********
    [2019-10-20 20:19:17,304] [Log ] [SetupTv ] [INFO ] - ********* Error reason: Cannot create an index on 'Program', because this table does not exist in database 'MpTvDb'.
    [2019-10-20 20:19:17,304] [Log ] [SetupTv ] [INFO ] - ********* Error code: 1906, Line: 1 *********
    [2019-10-20 20:19:17,304] [Log ] [SetupTv ] [INFO ] - Exec SQL: UPDATE Version SET versionNumber=45

There is no table called "Program" in the MpTvDb. I think "Program" may be a reserved word in Sql Server.

Help!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. CyberSimian
    • Team MediaPortal

CyberSimian Test Group

Ratings:
    +978 / 3
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    I am currently running MP 1.22 on 32-bit Windows 7 Home Premium. As far as I can see, MP uses "MySQL", not "MS SQL". Are you really trying to use "MS SQL"?

I don't know anything about SQL (I have never programmed it or had to set it up), but are different SQL engines interchangeable? I would speculate that they are like web browsers -- there is considerable commonality, but each SQL server supports its own non-standard extensions, and some standard features produce different results.

If no one posts saying that "MS SQL" is usable, you might want to consider uninstalling "MS SQL", uninstalling MP, and then re-installing MP. The MP installer will install the version of "MySQL" that it needs if it is not already installed.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

4. ajs
    • Team MediaPortal

ajs Development Group

IT
    Ratings:
    +4,693 / 30
    Home Country:
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Show System Specs
    Mostly yes. But here the problem is different:
    Error reason: Cannot create an index on 'Program', because this table does not exist in database 'MpTvDb'.

5. GilDavis

GilDavis New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    I am trying to use the Microsoft SQL Server 2000 that is installed on my Windows Server 2003.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!