MP1 TV Server "failed to upgrade the database" using MS Sql Server (1 Viewer)

GilDavis

October 21, 2019
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Trying all afternoon to install MediaPortal 1.23 on a Windows 7 Pro x64 machine. The TV-Server Configuration exe stops with "Failed to upgrade the database" error.

I ran it with "/Configure-DB" and the TEST is successful, so I know I am talking to the Sql Server. Further, it creates the MpTvDb with 47 tables.

The SetUpTv.log file (in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\log) ends with this:

[2019-10-20 20:19:17,294] [Log ] [SetupTv ] [INFO ] - Exec SQL: CREATE INDEX IDX_Program_Notify ON Program(notify)
[2019-10-20 20:19:17,304] [Log ] [SetupTv ] [INFO ] - ********* SQL statement failed! *********
[2019-10-20 20:19:17,304] [Log ] [SetupTv ] [INFO ] - ********* Error reason: Cannot create an index on 'Program', because this table does not exist in database 'MpTvDb'.
[2019-10-20 20:19:17,304] [Log ] [SetupTv ] [INFO ] - ********* Error code: 1906, Line: 1 *********
[2019-10-20 20:19:17,304] [Log ] [SetupTv ] [INFO ] - Exec SQL: UPDATE Version SET versionNumber=45

There is no table called "Program" in the MpTvDb. I think "Program" may be a reserved word in Sql Server.

Help!

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Trying all afternoon to install MediaPortal 1.23 on a Windows 7 Pro x64 machine.
    I am currently running MP 1.22 on 32-bit Windows 7 Home Premium. As far as I can see, MP uses "MySQL", not "MS SQL". Are you really trying to use "MS SQL"?

I don't know anything about SQL (I have never programmed it or had to set it up), but are different SQL engines interchangeable? I would speculate that they are like web browsers -- there is considerable commonality, but each SQL server supports its own non-standard extensions, and some standard features produce different results.

If no one posts saying that "MS SQL" is usable, you might want to consider uninstalling "MS SQL", uninstalling MP, and then re-installing MP. The MP installer will install the version of "MySQL" that it needs if it is not already installed.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    but are different SQL engines interchangeable
    Mostly yes. But here the problem is different:
    Error reason: Cannot create an index on 'Program', because this table does not exist in database 'MpTvDb'.

GilDavis

October 21, 2019
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am currently running MP 1.22 on 32-bit Windows 7 Home Premium. As far as I can see, MP uses "MySQL", not "MS SQL". Are you really trying to use "MS SQL"?
    I am trying to use the Microsoft SQL Server 2000 that is installed on my Windows Server 2003.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom