MP1 Upgrade to 1.17 causes playback of recordings to stop (1 Viewer)

OTA Watcher

Portal Member
September 21, 2017
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I replaced the original core.dll file with yours and it plays okay until I try to jump ahead, just like before. Attached are the two log files from this morning.

OTA Watcher

Portal Member
September 21, 2017
Home Country
I don't know if this helps you or not, but I watched two recordings last night using VLC with subtitles turned on and they played perfectly. Of course, to jump ahead I have to use my mouse to click on the line showing the progress of the recording. But it shows that the problem is not with the recording itself.

OTA Watcher

Portal Member
September 21, 2017
Home Country
Another morning, more crashes. Attached is the last log file from when I tried to back up 30 seconds. I uninstalled and reinstalled Lava filters thru your extension manager to see if that would make a difference before the last crash. It did not.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Could you please answer my earlier question.

Are you sure that it's not security software (eg. McAfee) causing problems because you haven't configured it to trust MP enough?

I ask it because I've previously seen reports of problems and weird behaviour that were eventually tracked back to over-zealous security software. In your case there are also continuity errors in the TsReader and TsWriter log files, which is another symptom that can be caused by security software. So, please check it out.

OTA Watcher

Portal Member
    September 21, 2017
    Home Country
    Your programs are allowed access to their designated ports. Did the ports change recently? Mcafee blocks access to risky sites but you should not be on their list and no warnings have come up. I have always used Mcafee and never had a problem until this update. I keep asking what changed. Did you change the ports used by the program or require some internet access while I am watching a program recorded on my own computer on that same computer? Windows 10 recently updated - could that have caused some problem? I updated Mediaportal after that windows update tho. I tested it by turning off the firewall in Mcafee and it still crashed. Attached is the log file on that test which was the earliest time. I then went into windows defender and changed its firewall settings to warn me if a app tries to access the internet thru the firewall and it showed a black screen with audio on the two attempts that I made to run mediaportal. It crashed immediately on both of those last two attempts. The only lav icon is the red one with those last two tests. Can the problem be with lav? I don't think Defenders firewall is on when Mcafee's is running usually.

OTA Watcher

Portal Member
    September 21, 2017
    Home Country
    FYI on the Windows Defender program, when I went back to change its settings back, they were already reset to the default ones. I assume Mcafee changed them back.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Can you try by disable all protection software to see if it's better ? :)
    No change on port, but it's more a analysing issue we talk about, MP folder should be exclude from AV :p
    But it can be a regression somehow with TsReader, i remember seeing an issue with recent GPU drivers (that lead to a deadlock) revert it to an older one solve the issue.

Maybe we can try some teamviewer session tomorrow ?
    Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom