MP1 Upgrade to 1.17 causes playback of recordings to stop (3 Viewers)

OTA Watcher

Portal Member
September 21, 2017
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I will not have time to test that today, maybe late tonight. The many HID lines are probably because that is what I was testing for. It usually played live tv okay, altho even that became a problem lately. So to test it, I started a recording and went forward and backward to see if it would crash. I am trying to do it more like a usual way now (more time in between jumps), but that was the best way to test it since I did not have the problem before.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks.
    So need to provide you 1.16 Pre release, i hope we can find the culprit date lol :)

OTA Watcher

Portal Member
    September 21, 2017
    Home Country
    I put the 1.15 files into the 1.17.100.0 release and it works fine. I thought that I was working with the 1.18 version, but I must have reverted to this one. I have noticed that the font seems smaller in the configuration menu and on the splash screen I only see the top half of the words listing the startup items - but 1.15 was able to show all of it. I wonder if that is the difference in the font that the error message is about when it is installed.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I put the 1.15 files into the 1.17.100.0 release and it works fine. I thought that I was working with the 1.18 version, but I must have reverted to this one. I have noticed that the font seems smaller in the configuration menu and on the splash screen I only see the top half of the words listing the startup items - but 1.15 was able to show all of it. I wonder if that is the difference in the font that the error message is about when it is installed.

Thanks so the issue start with 1.16 Pre-Release (need @mm1352000 and @Owlsroost) it's maybe Live555 update or some new change that produce the deadlock.
    About the font, yes 1.17 or 1.18 Pre-Release has an issue when using DPI higher than 100%, but should be ok for the 1.18. And about the invalid File handle 32, it happen randomly (it's when registering/copy the font so maybe it has an impact too after all).
    Thanks. :p

OTA Watcher

Portal Member
    September 21, 2017
    Home Country
    It is still working okay this morning and no problems jumping forward or backward. Thank you for your help. If you think you get the problem fixed, let me know and I will try it out/test it for you. I am surprised that I am the only one with this problem. Or maybe other people are more patient and just let the shows run straight thru.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    We will need you for sure for testing new bin when we have something that maybe fix it :p
    I will retry on my side but i have only a few sample (and short one lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom