MP2.1.1 Manual TV Channel Setup (1 Viewer)

Cordraconis

Portal Pro
July 26, 2016
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
OH YES! This is something we can work with!

First of all, forget the EPG for the moment (didn't work out of the box with me either), this can be tackled later and there are probably threads with lots more info in this. I am useing webgrabplusplus I think, but I moved a few weeks ago and my full system is *still* in the cardboard box (still pulling cables in the house), so I cannot open MP2 and see how I have it set up. Sorry for that. Lets hope my mental visualisation skills are strong enough. :-D

The ATSC datastream is indeed broadcasted on an analog frequency, but it all ends there. Maybe this is wat you see in the analog section. The digital section is then the result of "decoding" the datastream into the respectable TV-channels.

In your "ATSC Tuning Detail" screenshot, you find the goodies: Modulation, transport ID etc... this is what you 'll need for the manual setup, and it seems you got it!!!

I will now refer to another thread of you: TV Configuration Always Crashes on Channel Search - New Win10 and MP2 Install
There you have posted the .pdf with (incomplete) data of the antenna you are tuning into. From the screenshot and the .pdf I deduce the screenshot is from the channel "ABC" on KATU, probably HD version? If this is correct, then the channel is 43, as in the "frequency" column in the .pdf.
(The frequency spectrum is commonly divided in channels, so instead of inputting the frequency, you can input the channel into MP2)

See in your list of autodetected TV-channels, if you can correlate this with the .pdf ... If so, try to manually add a station that has NOT been detected yet.
For example, if NBC is not there, try to manually copy all the data from the screenshot above, but put in "8" instead of "43" in the channel and leave the 4 ID's on the bottom blank. Fingers crossed I also assume you can watch the autodetected channels in MP2?

I also forgot that WinTV detected everything without problems - see your other thread - , so maybe you can somewhere get the correct ID's from there - if the above doesn't work - and correlate with the rest.
Eventually you should be able to manually add a new tv-channel into MP2. Once you learned do this, you should write it ALL down, and then delete all the channels from MP2 and put them *once* manually in MP2. Then backup the hell out of it.

Manumiter

Portal Member
May 10, 2017
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Cordraconus,

No progress... again. I believe I've used your idea of deleting out a channel and then manually mapping it in again. No change. When manually adding a channel the four IDs must be available and input, there is no leaving them blank with hopes they will be filled in. Regardless, even if I were to know I had successfully manually added a channel, how do I test that if I am not using any EPG grabber? I can use MP2 to watch all of the currently "mapped" appearing stations, I just can't get the grabber plug ins to see any stations. I switched the "general" to "ATSC" in the preferred network provider and this seems to allow a channel scan without the prior crash problems of the TV Configuration tool. However, rescanning doesn't seem to help anything. To say that it is very frustrating that more MP people are not available to help with U.S. ATSC MP2 setup with solutions for all of this is an understatement. You've been great.

I am trying to expand on input, so have started a thread in the newcomers area. It is here:

Need More Help USA Setup for ATSC & MP2 Using Hauppauge 2250

Attachments

• Change Preferred network provider from Generic to ATSC.GIF
    Change Preferred network provider from Generic to ATSC.GIF
    200 KB
  • Why no Signal Level or Quality bar for ATSC..GIF
    Why no Signal Level or Quality bar for ATSC..GIF
    268.6 KB
Last edited:

Cordraconis

Portal Pro
July 26, 2016
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hmm, so if you delete all your channels and then do a scan with the "ATSC" preference, the scan succeeds and you get all the same channels you had before?
Interresting. Then it would seem you have all the channels in your list that you can recieve and you are 99% there.

To clarify, I will refer again to your "ATSC Tuning Detail" a few posts before. In the background you see there a green dot with a "T" in it and the number 36.
Now IF all your channels have just ONE mp2 ID assigned to it, then you are all set. The whole manual procedure was to make sure of this and to manually add some channels you couldn't find because of the crashed scan, but if it scans now without problems and you find extra channels ... :)
Checking a channel is easy: just look at it and if you have audio and video, it works. EPG is probably other settings.

OT: my Klipsch speakers have arrived, so I hope by the end of next week I can get my whole rig unboxed and installed. Then I'll check my EPG settings and pass them trough to you.

Users who are viewing this thread