MP2 - V2.1 [MP2-543] Date format parsing issues (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

asmar

Portal Member
December 4, 2016
Home Country
Saudi Arabia Saudi Arabia
can't install 2.1 :(

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do you have an older version installed that you try to upgrade?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    From the logs it look like an issue with trying to create a file system path with invalid characters. The date is used as part of the path and it seems the localised date string contains invalid characters. Will need to be fixed in code.

EDIT: Not related to paths but is related to parsing a date using the local settings and needs to be fixed.

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So @asmar could change his Windows settings to say English, install MP 2.1 and then change it back?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    So @asmar could change his Windows settings to say English, install MP 2.1 and then change it back?
    No, I expect that would pass the initial installation but would fail again the next time any metadata is downloaded from TheTVDB (and possibly other sources)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    @asmar can you give this installer a try and let us know if it resolves your issue. Thanks

asmar

Portal Member
    December 4, 2016
    Home Country
    Saudi Arabia Saudi Arabia
    same issue

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
      Untitled-1.jpg
      68.6 KB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    Hi, I have just upgraded from MP 2.2.2 to MP 2.4.1, and now the client won't start. I see the splash screen, and then it just...
    Replies
    Views
    I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I did it this way so I didn't have to edit the channel names every time tested a new TV-server install. Anyway, it works. I don't know if this would get you past the BDA driver issue. I'll provide more...
    I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I...
    I am brand new to MediaPortal. I have installed MP 2.4.1 on Windows 10. It is a fresh install and fully up to date. I have an...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player app does not support the file type. So I installed VLC. VLC does read the ts files but the TV's remote does not allow to control basic VLC functions like FF or FR or pause etc... Tried 1-2 other apps, even...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 No genres after upgrade to 2.5 DE
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and music are part of the NET6 version as for NET4. If you have issues with it further infos would be good.
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and...
    Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the Requirements and you've filled in your System...
    Replies
    Views
    Installing other software, especially MP1, which is partly sharing Tv service with MP2, can make everything worse. Please upload your debug log files, if you want to solve the issue.
    Installing other software, especially MP1, which is partly sharing Tv service with MP2, can make everything worse. Please upload...
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom