[WiP] [MP2-672] Improving the installer look and handling (1 Viewer)

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Will the double licence agreement issue be fixed at some point?

upload_2015-11-19_23-33-4.png

upload_2015-11-19_23-33-15.png

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If I follow the instruction in the linked post above, the window looks like
    upload_2015-11-20_13-42-21.png

upload_2015-11-20_13-42-48.png

So not sure how a good graphic for the dialog should look like? Should it cover the full size? But in this case we would need a center area with good contrast to progress dialog and messages.

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Oh, while you guys are at it - could someone please post a full set of screenshots from a standard SingleSeat installation with the current installer?
    I could need that for the Quick-Start guide I'm currently planning for our wiki :) Thanks!

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Here you go...
    I did not see any difference when choosing Server and Client vers Server only vers Client only.

Added Custom install
    Available from Install_04 screen

Attachments

• Install_01.jpg
      Install_01.jpg
      29.2 KB
    • Install_02.jpg
      Install_02.jpg
      44.9 KB
    • Install_03.jpg
      Install_03.jpg
      68.1 KB
    • Install_04.jpg
      Install_04.jpg
      51.4 KB
    • Install_05.jpg
      Install_05.jpg
      36.2 KB
    • Install_06.jpg
      Install_06.jpg
      33.7 KB
    • Install_07.jpg
      Install_07.jpg
      33.5 KB
    • Install_08.jpg
      Install_08.jpg
      33.8 KB
    • Install_09.jpg
      Install_09.jpg
      38.6 KB
    • Install_10.jpg
      Install_10.jpg
      27.6 KB
    • Custom_01.jpg
      Custom_01.jpg
      61.2 KB
    • Custom_02.jpg
      Custom_02.jpg
      72 KB
    • Custom_03.jpg
      Custom_03.jpg
      36.2 KB
    • Custom_04.jpg
      Custom_04.jpg
      34.9 KB
    • Custom_05.jpg
      Custom_05.jpg
      33.5 KB
    • Custom_06.jpg
      Custom_06.jpg
      38.6 KB
    • Custom_Browse.jpg
      Custom_Browse.jpg
      41.9 KB
    • Custom_DiskUsage.jpg
      Custom_DiskUsage.jpg
      56.1 KB

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    We still need the Uninstaller to properly:
    Stop and remove all running processes
    An option for a Total Clean uninstall there-by removing All Folders associated to MP2 (client or server)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ge2301 or @wizard123 could someone of you provide a custom MP2 graphics for the initial dialog?

Here a quick mockup that fits well for a Setup from my point of view.
    The important areas with text and other information can remain white. I recommend not to fill up all background, that won't look good I think.

Variant 1:
    Setup.png

Variant 2:
    Setup2.png

Variant3:
    Setup3.png

Last edited:

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I prefer variant 3, because the total gradient including the logo goes from right to left

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I made some test with the above image:
    upload_2015-11-21_12-3-17.png

But I stumbled upon different bugs regarding to layout and overlapping of controls.

1) Text "MediaPortal 2" above disappears if you hit the "alt" key (I tried to take a window snapshot): http://windows-installer-xml-wix-to...Install-page-disables-hot-keys-td7582132.html

2) Moving labels above image seems to cause other display issues as well. If you remove background color from labels, you will see the different labeles of all screens overlapped. So background color is used to "hide" other content :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread