[Finished] [MP2-781] Delete a Folder in TV-Recordings (1 Viewer)

harryzwo

Portal Pro
July 25, 2006
Germany Germany
Country flag
In TV-Recordings i have a Folder 'Ein Fall für zwei' with many Episode in it. I wish to delete all Episode. So i have to delete every single Episode. It is not possible to delete the Folder 'Ein Fall für zwei'

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Thank you, that's what I figured. I am not sure if it is actually a folder but rather a grouping for display purposes. If you verify on your share I believe that you won't see a sub-folder but just the individual single episode files.

Anyway, grouping or folder, you would like to be given the possibility to delete from the "folder's" context menu. Certainly a nice add-on to have for users who don't copy/cut recordings and move the to the MP2 series part. I have to pass this on to our developers if this can be added in the future.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi.
    I am not sure if it is actually a folder but rather a grouping for display purposes.
    Seen from outside MP2 It is a folder inside the folder you are storing your recordings. And you can delete the folder in Explorer or similar. On next start the database is cleaned and the no longer existing recordings are removed from DB.

Certainly a nice add-on
    Yes, it is. Something that is available in Kodi already and is a nice feature there. But opposite to Kodi we could make it even better if we're removing the (then empty) folder from disk too. Kodi only removes the recordings videos so they are no longer shown in GUI...

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Seen from outside MP2 It is a folder inside the folder you are storing your recordings.
    Not necessarily. On my system all episodes are stored in the recordings folder without additional subfolder structures. It depends how you configure this in the TV Server config. That said, the grouping view is still happening in the MP2 view.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    N [Finished] [MP2-781] Enable one-click deletion of grouped TV recordings MediaPortal 2 70
    Scheibes Was passiert bei MP2? Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 42
    S Programmierte Aufnahme in MP2 - kein Aufwachen des PC Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 5
    morpheus_xx [WiP] "What's New" plugin for MP2 upgrades MediaPortal 2 20
    da3dsoul [Request] An MVP Plugin example for custom settings in MP2 Plugin Development 2
    morpheus_xx [Evaluate] Checking MP2 code portability to .Net Core MediaPortal 2 11
    da3dsoul Does MP2 not have any active devs? General 8
    da3dsoul MP2 Plugin - Getting Started (Directory Tree and Player) Plugin Development 27
    R [solved] Kein Player registriert Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 1
    -Merkur- MP2 Client startet nicht, "libXBMC_addon.dll" fehlt Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 1
    mp2-ulrich [solved] MP 2.2.3 spielt nur manche Sender Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 2
    H MP2 database won't keep in synch with recordings General 8
    H [solved] MP2 Wiedergabe von Aufnahmen und Live TV geht nicht Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 6
    ge2301 [WiP] MP2Web - A platform independent web client for MP2 MediaPortal 2 68
    F Problems with new install of MP2 Newcomers Forum 3
    catalpa Bug MP2-837 Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 2
    P MP2: US user, OTA - can NOT get SchedulesDirect plugin to work on MP1 or MP2 --> how do I get OTA schedule? General 5
    bigboss97 Does anyone has a SoundGraph imon remote file for MP2 to share? General 0
    ge2301 Android based client for MP2 MediaPortal 2 3
    R MP2 GUI Issues General 7
    P [solved] MP2 new install, 2 x hdhomerun tuners, client on same PC unable to view TV & recordings Newcomers Forum 8
    Lichloathe MP2 importing keyart instead of poster General 0
    Lichloathe Trakt for MP2 question General 7
    C Streaming/transcoding MP2 vs MP1? General 4
    P MP 2 - Request to add an additional TV series Filename protocal Feature Requests 0