[Finished] [MP2-781] Delete a Folder in TV-Recordings (1 Viewer)

harryzwo

Portal Pro
July 25, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
In TV-Recordings i have a Folder 'Ein Fall für zwei' with many Episode in it. I wish to delete all Episode. So i have to delete every single Episode. It is not possible to delete the Folder 'Ein Fall für zwei'

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you, that's what I figured. I am not sure if it is actually a folder but rather a grouping for display purposes. If you verify on your share I believe that you won't see a sub-folder but just the individual single episode files.

Anyway, grouping or folder, you would like to be given the possibility to delete from the "folder's" context menu. Certainly a nice add-on to have for users who don't copy/cut recordings and move the to the MP2 series part. I have to pass this on to our developers if this can be added in the future.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I am not sure if it is actually a folder but rather a grouping for display purposes.
    Seen from outside MP2 It is a folder inside the folder you are storing your recordings. And you can delete the folder in Explorer or similar. On next start the database is cleaned and the no longer existing recordings are removed from DB.

Certainly a nice add-on
    Yes, it is. Something that is available in Kodi already and is a nice feature there. But opposite to Kodi we could make it even better if we're removing the (then empty) folder from disk too. Kodi only removes the recordings videos so they are no longer shown in GUI...

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Seen from outside MP2 It is a folder inside the folder you are storing your recordings.
    Not necessarily. On my system all episodes are stored in the recordings folder without additional subfolder structures. It depends how you configure this in the TV Server config. That said, the grouping view is still happening in the MP2 view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 Delete recordings DE
    Hi, please check the yellow box (almost bottom of the page) about deleting recordings in the wiki. It’s possible to delete recordings, if access is guaranted. I’m not sure which connection problems you have. Normally the client is directly connected to the server on startup. In case you feel it’s too long, please describe the issue...
    Hi, please check the yellow box (almost bottom of the page) about deleting recordings in the wiki. It’s possible to delete...
    Hi, I can't seem to find any posts in this forum or on the wiki on deleting recordings. I am currently running 2.4.1 and there...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] Purge old recordings DE
    Today my PVR disk died, taking with it a load of old recorded TV programmes. I swapped in a spare drive but I see that MP2 still thinks the old recordings exist. I expected the metadata for the recordings to be in same folder as the PVR but apparently not. How do I make MP2 forget about these old recordings? Needless to say, I tried...
    Today my PVR disk died, taking with it a load of old recorded TV programmes. I swapped in a spare drive but I see that MP2 still...
    Today my PVR disk died, taking with it a load of old recorded TV programmes. I swapped in a spare drive but I see that MP2 still...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 Recorded TV questions!! DE
    Thanks for that.....sorted now I think!! :)
    Thanks for that.....sorted now I think!! :)
    Hi.....have used MP1 for some years now....and finally got around to giving MP2 a real go today :) Having setup a TV recordings...
    Replies
    Views
    I'm using MP1 Ukraine ( as a side issue Trend antivirus says later versions are ransomwear ) and I've used MP for many years. Have I missed something all this time? Is there a way of marking recordings as favourites, and an easy way to display them? Thank you
    I'm using MP1 Ukraine ( as a side issue Trend antivirus says later versions are ransomwear ) and I've used MP for many years. Have...
    I'm using MP1 Ukraine ( as a side issue Trend antivirus says later versions are ransomwear ) and I've used MP for many years. Have...
    Replies
    Views
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    Hi, I have just upgraded from MP 2.2.2 to MP 2.4.1, and now the client won't start. I see the splash screen, and then it just...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom