[solved] MP2 not skipping commercials (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am back :)
    No. And from what I see it's not even merged into the 2.2 branch yet. morpheus_xx is currently not available, when he's back, we'll remind him to merge this into 2.2.
    I have implemented both changes and pushed to this branch: MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2. If it works well, it will be part of MP 2.2 (@Testers)
    • Prefer Chapters over Titles for normal next/prev keys
    • Add page up/down to audio, video and image as shortcut for next/prev title
    Not sure if this is the change? This should be included in 2.2 already.
    There is still only manual chapter changing, because we don't have "chapter types" to decide when to skip automatically.

Bob C

Portal Member
    February 6, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I just installed 2.2 and still don't see chapters from comskip. Should I test my setup some how or did this not get into the pre release?

Bob C

Portal Member
    February 6, 2016
    Home Country
    @morpheus_xx To update my last comment. The comskip file only creates chapters when watching from my server. If I'm using the client their are no chapters. Can you please help me with this. Thank you

david_31262

Portal Member
    September 21, 2015
    Home Country
    @morpheus_xx To update my last comment. The comskip file only creates chapters when watching from my server. If I'm using the client their are no chapters. Can you please help me with this. Thank you

Hate to wake up an old thread but I'm seeing the same problem and there is no indication here if this has been addressed.

I'd like to switch to MP2, but problems with commercial skipping keep taking me back to MP1.

IThe commskip .txt file needs to be on the local machine. If I copy a video and .txt file to the client local HDD and add it as a media source, then the chapter breaks are seen (running 2.2.1).

Am I missing something ?

Thanks.

keinbild

August 28, 2021
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello, are there any news about using com skip and playing the edl files in MP2 2.3? I can't make it work.

Thanks and greetings
    Kain

keinbild

August 28, 2021
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @morpheus_xx there are several questions starting 2018, can you feedback?
    I could make it working by replacing the video player "271350_20160426-VideoPlayers-ComSkip" out from this forum. But with that I lost the nice layout and skin in the media center. So now it works but it didn't work with the original Installation MP2 2.3.

Kain

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I could make it working by replacing the video player "271350_20160426-VideoPlayers-ComSkip" out from this forum. But with that I lost the nice layout and skin in the media center. So now it works but it didn't work with the original Installation MP2 2.3.

Kain
    That's strange, because the Comskip Code is part of latest releases:
    MediaPortal-2/VideoPlayer.cs at bc2c758d0bf2c3c66eb22bfdcc7b60eda1988f44 · MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2

How do you skip though the chapters? This should be not related to the player, but the mapping.
    Do you use MP2.3 or MP2.3, I recommend to use the latest version.

Which layout is lost? The video player package does not contain any skin files. Do you mean the Player OSD is broken? I guess it falls back to default, because some further changes were added meanwhile.

henrysinn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2009
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi all.
    I note ComSkip ONLY works in VideoPlayer (manual/mouse press on the + at the bottom for a chapter skip)
    I note it does not work via any remote function (eg pressing F8 as it does/can in M1)

Have seen and read Search results for query: comskip in the feature request section. Nothing doing.... ? !

Does anyone know if it will be implements 'properly' via a remote function such as F8 (for a chapter skip) in MP2?
    Not keen to roll back to MP1 but will have to if this is a dead-end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom