MP2 - Spring'16 MP2 Server crash on TV scan (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, that is different to my programming language where the last number simply is increased by 1 with every new build...

Cojun

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Lehmden,

i downloaded Summer15_Update1.
    This is, what the MePo-Website offers to me. A quick search for the weekly versions gave me nothing. You can give me a hint, where i can find?
    I will give a new MP2 installation a shot.

Daniel

Cojun

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

really, i feel a little regret to switch again to MePo2. Even if i am MePo User since 7 or 8 years, i find myself stupid and nerdy with MePo 2.
    For the moment, i am not success, because i want to use MP2 with MySQL. Why its natively based on SQLite and without native MySQL implementation?
    I found morpheus's MySQLDatabase Plugin and installed as good as i understand the doc.

- stopped the server
    - moving the sqlite plugin to another location
    - copying the mysql plugin to the plugins folder of mp2 server
    - adjust the settings in MySQLSettings
    - start the server
    - NOTHING!!
    He dont start and the error log tells me:

= Exception Information
    == Exception: MediaPortal.Utilities.Exceptions.IllegalCallException: There is no database present in the system
    bei MediaPortal.Backend.Services.Database.DatabaseManager.Startup()
    bei MediaPortal.Backend.BackendExtension.StartupBackendServices()
    bei MediaPortal.Server.ApplicationLauncher.Start()
    Site : Void Startup()
    Source : MediaPortal.Backend

Attached, you will find the Error-Logs collected from MePo.
    Do i have to create the database-catalogue by myself?
    Okay ... i created a new schema "mp2server" and changed MySQLSettings again.
    Trying to start the server ... nothing: There is no database present in the system.

Someone read something in my logfiles and can help?
    Any hint will be strongely appreciated :(

Thank you

Daniel

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Why its natively based on SQLite and without native MySQL implementation?
    Because SQLite is five times as fast as MySQL and you don't need to install a full blown MySQL server that can crash or damage the database... MySQL only has drawbacks compared to SQLite and not a single advantage.

The MySQL plugin is completely outdated and it probably won't run any more. Nobody maintains it as nobody needs it.

Cojun

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So the complete logic changed?
    Then, sorry for my questions. I take MePo 2 now out of the box as it is and try to scan channels.

Thank you very much for this unbelievable fast support!

:)

Daniel

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    There are two files in "c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\SlimTVCore\v3.0\TuningParameters\dvbs\", first is "19.2°E Astra 1KR,1L,1M,1N.xml" and second is "19.2øE Astra 1KR,1L,1M,2C.xml" that belongs to (Central European) Astra 19.2 where the first one seems to be the relevant file here...
    the files with " ø" are badly named, and update transponder don't remove these file. but the xml who contain the good listing is updated fine.

you remove all the block for the transponder or just the line(s) with the SymbolRate(s)?
    all the block, if your don't do that, your xml is wrong.

, so if there would be something wrong, MP1 also would not work properly...
    on MP1 this transponder are identified as "nothing to found"

By the way, a new "full" or "stable" release is about to be released soon (maybe in two or three weeks or so, can not tell exactly when) and the latest weekly can be seen as a first RC version of this "Winter 16 Build".
    i will try this one,

Because SQLite is five times as fast as MySQL and you don't need to install a full blown MySQL server that can crash or damage the database... MySQL only has drawbacks compared to SQLite and not a single advantage.
    i must try to export/move mysql to SQLlite, but what is the exchange between MP1 and MP2 server ?
    i know since many years, i must update my remote profile for get it working with MP2 out of box ( imon receiver )

Cojun

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @all,

bad news. Switched back to SQLite, updated sattelite list and scanned on Astra 19.2
    TVServer crashed again.
    Im on the last SnapShot provided here in this thread.
    Attached, you will find logfiles and a ScreenShot.

Can anyone find whats wrong here?

Thank you very much

Daniel
    MP2-Scan-Crash.PNG

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    but what is the exchange between MP1 and MP2 server
    Did not fully understand. If you want to transfer the settings (channel groups, schedules,...) from MP1 to MP2 you can use the Import/Export function in SetupTV. If you mean the difference between MP1 and MP2 regarding TV Engine... In MP2 the Engine is running inside the MP2 Server (aka it is a plugin) and in MP1 it is running as a stand-alone service. So in MP2 the TV engine is using the in-build database handling of MP2. That's why SQLite is not only possible but the best choice. On MP1 several database accesses could happen at the same time, something SQLite did not like that much. That's why no SQLIte option is available in MP1. But in MP2 this can not happen as all database accesses are done only by the MP2 server and it is handling the accesses properly.

imon receiver
    I never used anything else than RC6 (aka MCE) compatible receivers for remote control. And those are working ootb in MP2. If you can set your Imon to act as a MCE remote, it should work. If not, you have to use IRSS as there is an IRSS plugin delivered with MP2. So for all "not- MCE" remotes you need to configuzre IRSS to work with your remote....

Can anyone find whats wrong here?
    You don't have a database in your installation at all. This only can be due to wrong "security" settings and/or software. Please disable the MediaPortal folders from being scanned by your AV software.

Cojun

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Lehmden,

i switched back from MySQL (not working) to SQLite (working, because server starts).
    The database errors are from MySQL. The errors after 12:20 today are relevant.

No fix?
    So i switch back again to MP 1.13?

Daniel

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom