MP2 - Spring'16 MP2 Server crash on TV scan (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For a short summary of issues:
    1. Tuning details inside MP2 are outdated, need to implement updating logic and include new files
    2. Extracted files have distorted file names (° is wrong), have to check incompatibilities between 7z / C# ZipFile encodings (solved)
    3. The problematic transponders seem to:
      1. Cause exceptions inside MP1 (see azzuro's logs), using a TechnoTrend card
      2. Cause crashes inside MP2 (TechoTrend + TBS cards)
    for the 3rd point I really have no idea yet. @mm1352000 could you check the logs, do you have an idea? Would be great to get your opinion.

The first 2 points I check myself.

Last edited:

Cojun

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

i just want to let you know, that i am not okay with MePo 2.
    It have no WAF (Womans Acceptance Factor).
    Its the hell to scan for programs and the response time for the client is terrible bad.
    Its stuttering and takes 5 minutes to enter a function in the client.
    Its not related to my hardware. I am on good and fast machines.

I will now switch back to 1.13 and wait until MePo 2 is really recommendable.

Thanks alot to all people wich do a gooooooood work with MePo ...

Daniel

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    same here... TechnoTrend s2-3200 crashes MP2 TVserver on Astra 19,2°E scan
    crash on the same trtansponder Nr 57

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
      Unbenannt.jpg
      333.9 KB
    Last edited:

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I deleted the last few transponders over 18xxx and no crash... (they was just a few) from here:
    c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\SlimTVCore\v3.0\TuningParameters\dvbs\19.2°E Astra 1KR,1L,1M,1N.xml

Jim White

July 16, 2016
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I add my experiences of similar problems in case they're of use to developers. I too have a TBS USB satellite card and initially found it impossible to scan without crashing the MP2-Server task. Scans from the updated transponder file for Astra 2 satellites at 28.2 east all failed within the first 10 or so tps, not always the same one. A network scan failed on tp2. The failed tps were standard Ku band, and could be scanned OK in single tp mode, so I conclude that tp tuning details were not the cause of these crashes.

When a crash occurred, the MP2-Server.exe task went to 25% of my (dual-core) CPU and could not be stopped in Task Manager. Re-starting the service simply started a second instance of the task. In every case, a Windows restart was needed to regain control and run the Configuration program again.

I eventually had success with both network and list file scans by changing the "Preferred Network Provider" in the card properties from "Generic" to "DVBS".

After both succesful scans, I had allowed the PC to enter sleep mode. When I woke the PC after the first scan, the Configuration program was still running and the signal bars showed as if the last tp was still tuned. I could see the log showed a successful scan but the system blue-screened before I could examine details. Exactly the same thing happened after the second scan. The Service log halts at the point of BDA device detection. I wonder if this blue-screen was down to some confusion over the connection state of the USB device. If so, then this might offer a clue towards the causes of the other Service crashes. I noticed that the signal bars showed a tuning state after a crash, although simultaneous tests with other applications proved the tuner had been released.

I attach relevant server logs plus my notes on the crashes. My system is Windows 7 x64.

Cordraconis

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2016
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    @morpheus: I would like to add the Haupauge HVR-2205 card to the list above, as it also crashes during scanning.

For a very detailed list of the research and workarounds I already did, I refer to this thread:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-some-other-issues-preliminary-thread.134926/

So I'm making this a bug report, as I get a blue screen/crash after a number of channel switches, and this only occurs in MP2, as the WinTv app stays stable.

Should I also make this a bug report on the Haupauge site? Maybe they can also help or tune in, aldough I think the MP2 developers already have contact with the driver guys?
    Thanks in advance!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom