Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Community!

Does MP support the new "mp3HD TECHNOLOGY"? I will try to en/decode some files this weekend!

Best regards

Helios

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Backward Compatible to mp3

So, MP should support. If not then the mp3HD is not backwards compatible :p

Jepp, Playback of lossy .mp3 Files will work, but lossless?

Most likely not, as it seems to require a plugin for Winamp as well. PM will support it if BASS adds support. Byt why another new loseless audio format? FLAC etc. are already supported and there wont be any difference in the sound quality.

lloydsmart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 10, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Only one file!

I see! This looks pretty cool actually, if it catches on. Only problem I see is a bit of redundancy, but it will be very useful for people who have mp3 players (which obviously won't support this new format yet). You could have one file which plays losslessly on the PC, but lossily on devices that don't support MP3HD. From the website:

• mp3HD is a lossless audio codec (100% bit-exact replica of CD tracks)
    • Backward Compatible to mp3
    • File extension .mp3
    • Bitrates for music approximately 500 to 900 kbps rates (similar to other lossless codecs), depending on genre
    • Embedded mp3 track and the mp3HD file share the same id3 metadata
    • Encoding parameters (e.g. bit rate), ancillary data and meta data of embedded mp3 track are under control

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player app does not support the file type. So I installed VLC. VLC does read the ts files but the TV's remote does not allow to control basic VLC functions like FF or FR or pause etc... Tried 1-2 other apps, even...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Replies
    Views
    restarting is supported but depends on the reason why it failed. As an external tool try JDownloader.org - Official Homepage
    restarting is supported but depends on the reason why it failed. As an external tool try JDownloader.org - Official Homepage
    Earlier this year I changed my internet service provider from a landline (where I was consistently overcharged), to a mains-powered...
    Replies
    Views
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as Administrator, and the Administrator do not have yet logged in on the UNC \\192.168.222.247\Public even if the normal user on the PC have done it. So to fix it on the Win 11 HTPC: Created a shortcut to...
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as...
    Hi! I was running MP1.33 x64 and I was fine and happy since many years, then the hard drive on the HTPC died. But I was able to...
    Replies
    Views
    On Windows 11 I'm having a similar experience, except it's with MySql. Today I downloaded MediaPortalSetup_1.31_Release.zip and I get CRC check error. On third try I don't get CRC error
    On Windows 11 I'm having a similar experience, except it's with MySql. Today I downloaded MediaPortalSetup_1.31_Release.zip and I...
    When I was installing MP 1.31 last weekend I selected to download the files and install from a local folder. I got these messages...
    Replies
    Views
    Yes correct that would have solved it. I guess I was more interested in finding out what I had done to cause the problem as the error message was of no help. By deleting everything I wouldn't have known so it was a learning curve for future reference. Fully understood I thought that might be the case. I also had some issues with...
    Yes correct that would have solved it. I guess I was more interested in finding out what I had done to cause the problem as the...
    I've just updated to Win 10 on a second drive and am installing MP 1.31. Having a bit of trouble with the install with the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom