MPBlue PPC client release 0.0.4 (5 Viewers)

MrSensitive

Portal Pro
May 18, 2004
Belgium
uh oh :?

someone is counting on us.. can you feel the pressure? :)

Oh Mzemina, I haven't forgotten about you, just a serious lack of time atm..

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    MrSensitive said:
    uh oh :?

someone is counting on us.. can you feel the pressure? :)

Oh Mzemina, I haven't forgotten about you, just a serious lack of time atm..

Same here - I've been barely able to get to work and then home. I've felt lousy this week and my wife had dental surgery and had to go back so I helped her for a couple of days. It seemed like yesterday was Friday. Not good that I'll have three Fridays this week.

Mike

Flipit

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2005
    a little update

OK, after much toing and froing I've finally got something working... I'm using VS2003 C# Standard to develop the server and VS2005 to develop the Client... don't ask...

Anyway I digress... I've changed the listbox class to draw a bitmap 32,32 at the moment just as a POC, the rest is a blatant lift from the code for the list box.. all credit given.. couldn't have done this without alot of the reference code that other much better people wrote.

What I'm amimg for, eventually, is to get to is a list of TV icons on the screen 3X2, that when you press one it changes MP to that channel..simple eh.

Problems so far.... it takes forever and I mean forever to bring back the images, I may run this when MPblue start and cache the image or write them to bitmaps and save them in a local folder on the PDA. Haven't tried either as of yet so anyone with any experience in putting image on a PDA who can suggest something is of course more then welcome to comment, but that's all I can think of so far...next I'll need to right my on mpbImageList class so I can do 3X2 displays and handle the image selects and dynamic up down buttons etc (not sure about that but will keep reading up on delegates and handlers)

Finally I'd like MP to jump to MYTV when I enter this screen on MPBlue, think I'll cheat and use the MPKeys plugin on MP and just send a control message to it when the TV button is pressed.

I'm getting there, but the progress is real slow, and I'm kind of using this as an excuse to learn C# so progress will continue to be real slow as I come up againstconcepts I've never come across before, happy to share (bug ridden) if there's somewhere I can upload to and other devs want to play around / fix it...

sln file are in VS8.0 for client and VS7.1 for server..

Flipit

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2005
    X10 for MPblue

OK... someone mentioned it so I tried it...

I've written the severside methods (it relies on the X10plugin for MP being installed first though.)

I'm working on the client side now... as test I added Home, Command, Unit and Data Actions Types to the mpbAction class.

So in theory if you create a button in the xml and specify the Actions it should invoke correctly it on MP. Ohh and I wrote a config screen to capture CMDevice, xapComputer and ComPort settings as per MP X10 plugin.

Have a bit more work to do before I can release anything for testing, but as I don't have any X10 devices I'm looking for some testers... anyone up for it... unfortunately I think you'll need to be using PPC2003 as I can only compile in VS2005. By be once we tested it and Mr. S is happy to incorporate he can recomplie in VS2003 and support PPC2002 as well.

PM or add the forum... if your interested.

MrSensitive

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2004
    Belgium
    Keep It going Flipit..

I was thinking of making a call to Girder for X10 and other things, but if it can be done from within the app.. great :lol:

Im sorry to say that I havent done anything impressive for a while. (did I in the past??) I'm working on a UI concept that is easy to navigate.. but it is harder than it seems.. really..

Flipit

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2005
    Mr Sensitive,

I'm just playing right now... excuses to learn etc...

Anyway, as for navigation I was thinking we could borrow the listbox, with some tweeks to make it look more or less like MP home screen, that way if you select a highlight section you can jump to that window. I haven't figured out how to make a event delegate that would handle the highlighted section without needing to using a select button though... for my next trick....

TV icons are a pain in the .... Maybe I'll just stick to channel numbers for now...

X10... no idea if this will acyually work or not, but sure someone can give it a whirl, I'm happy just playing around!

Guess your pretty busy having a life right now, so not much MPblue time..

Flipit

KublaKhan

Portal Member
    November 18, 2005
    Wow! You guys are developing a Pocket PC version of Media Portal :shock: ! How does it work? Is it stable enough to try on my Dell Axim X50v WM5?

This development sounds really interesting! Where can I get the latest version to try out? Can I expect a stable release around the same time of Media Portal's stable release?

I'm really interested - it sounds so cool! How would I watch T.V. on it? Are you thinking of getting help with playback on the PDA from Picard (www.corecodec.com) the developer of TCPMP? This really sounds exciting. I hope everything is going well! :D

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    KublaKhan said:
    Wow! You guys are developing a Pocket PC version of Media Portal ...

It is actually a remote control using a PocketPC.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom