MPBlue PPC client release 0.0.4 (2 Viewers)

Flipit

Portal Pro
February 19, 2005
Problem in the sln file

Mr S.

No luck I'm affaid. The sln has refernce to several files that are missing from the CVS.(Mostly images) Nowplaying web service is missing from the client I think I coud add it in as a refernce only the mpbGuiMessage.cs is missing from the server so I can build it and have in running to add the reference.

Can you post the class so I can import it. Was planning on trying and code a test to bring back some images from MP (TV icons actually) this weekend as a first attempt.

BTW what do you think of samual's suggestion... It's funny 'cause I was reading about it this week, saw a blog that someone had written on controlling his house from a similar app, but have no idea how to prgram flash (actually no idea how to program for that matter but there you go)

Cheer

Flipit

MrSensitive

Portal Pro
May 18, 2004
Belgium
I don't get it.. everithing is commited..
anyway, you can download a rar with all the source here..
http://users.telenet.be/MrSensitive/MPBlue/MPBlue.rar

Flash.. yes, I attempted a UI in flash more than three years ago..but I never really got the hang of it..

and I really can't afford a flash license..

and there are many workarounds for creating great graphics with the current engine, really, he problems are not that big..

MrSensitive

Portal Pro
May 18, 2004
Belgium
Ok, i did a quick mock up using the graphics posted by Mzemina.
I think it is looking fine.. took me some time, but I'm not really a graphics guru...
mockup.png

not entirely finished and don,t mind the text fields, those are part of the nowplaying feature that i'm testing right now..

(I also came to the conclusion that making skins is a serious pain... i need a screen designer..)

Flipit

Portal Pro
February 19, 2005
SocketExceptions

I'm getting some odd socketexceptions from the server after upgrading the sln to CF 2.0

Also using the Core and Database dll from RC 2.0 (Had to make some slight changes to a couple of lines in MBPMusic as getAblums is now a list not an array...)

Has something changed between CF1.1 and 2.0 in the way that the number of sockets can be used at any given time ?

See log below... Any suggestion welcome..

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException was unhandled
Message="Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted"
Source="System.Runtime.Remoting"
ErrorCode=10048
NativeErrorCode=10048
StackTrace:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Http.HttpServerChannel.StartListening(Object data)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Http.HttpServerChannel.SetupChannel()
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Http.HttpServerChannel..ctor(Int32 port)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Http.HttpChannel..ctor(Int32 port)
at MPBlue.MPBlueServer.InitRemoting()
at MPBlue.MPBlueServer.Start()
at MPBlueTestServer.MPBlueTestServer.Main(String[] args)
at System.AppDomain.nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Flipit

Portal Pro
February 19, 2005
Hi,

Yes turns out the test server was running in the backgroud at the same time as mediaportal sever... hence the socket error, fixed that but now have a new one which judging by the google hits is a common problem. :cry:

With the server.dll running on mediaportal I try to update the web service references, but get the following error.

There was an error downloading 'http://localhost:9000/MPControl.soap?wsdl'.

The request failed with the error message:
--
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'MPBlue, Version=1.0.2143.23147, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Any ideas how to fix this... several forums talk of givng ASPNET account access to some folders, but as far as I'm aware I don't even have ASP.

Anyway I tried it with the test server and it find the method this time but fails to complete the operation with the following error:

Custom tool error: Unable to import WebService/Schema. Unable to import binding 'MPMusicBinding' from namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/clr/nsassem/MPBlue/MPBlue%2C%20Version%3D1.0.2143.23147%2C%20Culture%3Dneutral%2C%20PublicKeyToken%3Dnull'. Unable to import operation 'GetArtists'. The datatype 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/clr/nsassem/MPBlue/MPBlue%2C%20Version%3D1.0.2143.23147%2C%20Culture%3Dneutral%2C%20PublicKeyToken%3Dnull:mpbArtist' is missing.K:\MPBlue\MPBlue\MPBlueClient\MPBluePocket\Web References\MPMusic\Reference.map

Any more ideas... this web reference stuff is all new to me, sorry to be a pain. :oops:

MrSensitive

Portal Pro
May 18, 2004
Belgium
when You compile the server DLL, you should copy it into the pluginsprocess folder AND in the mediaportal root folder..

i still have to figure out how to resolve this..

regards

MrSensitive

Portal Pro
May 18, 2004
Belgium
sorry to be a pain
nah, don't worry about it.. it took me half a day to figure this out

Oh By the way.. pop up screens are working in the latest CVS version..
i think CVS is fixed now, apparently the .sln file dit not get comitted for some reason..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom