MPDisplay++ v0.9.5.0 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebimuxx

Portal Pro
May 24, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
My intention was to fix the recording bug (MPDisplay crashes reproducibly when a recording ends) only. This turned out to be an obvious error in the code where a null pointer exception must occur at the end of a recording when updating the EPG info. After downloading and getting the source code running I also checked if the playback issue when using WASAPI is still there (because I am using WASAPI). Since it was still there I also fixed the WASAPI bug (again). Makes not too much sense to create only incremental patches. Did not want to offend EWeiss. I knew that the WASAPI bug has been fixed in MPD 1.7 hotfix, but this fix obviously never made it into Github.

I will post the patch tomorrow when I am sure that it works at least on my HTPC reliably. Had no issues yesterday evening. And the End-of-recording bug is definitly gone;-)

sebimuxx

Portal Pro
May 24, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Sorry for the delay, but here it is. The fix includes the fixes from BassFan (Hotfix 1.7) plus the fix of the recording bug, i.e. MPDisplay crashes when a TV recoding ends and MP/MPDisplay is still running. I have verified again that this was still a bug in the 1.7 Hotfix. This version is compiled against MP 1.8 final, and I have tested it under MP 1.8 only, no guarantee for previous MP versions. So far I have seen no crash or other issues on my HTPC.

As usual, stop the MPDisplayServer Service, then copy the files into the respective (same names as in zip file) MPDisplay++ Folder and the Mediaportal/Plugins/process Folder under c:\program files(x86).

I recently had some conversation with Wondermusic and will try to continue development of MPDisplay since the other developers seem to be unavailable. So we may have a full new release soon. Will depend a lot on how quickly I understand the code. Let's see....

Have fun

Michael

Attachments

• MPDisplay Fix MP1.8.zip
    962.8 KB

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @sebimuxx: Tried to install your update but don't know why there are two folders with the same files?
    MPDisplay_Plugin contains the same files as MPDisplay++. (there are some more in MPDisplay++, I know)
    Which files are the correct ones?
    Also mp didn't start, hung at starting plugins. Regardless of which set of files I took.

sebimuxx

Portal Pro
    May 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Both sets of files are identical. I filled the same folders as the 1.7 fix contains. Probably I should have created only one folder for the plugin. Which MP version you are using? Did you make sure all files have been copied/overwritten? and the service is restarted?

If MP does not start could you provide log files?

Wondermusic

Retired Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tested the Fix also and here is everything fine!

Just forget about the folder MPDisplay_Plugin! This one is irrelevant.

Copy everything from plugins to the MP Plugins/process folder and all files from MPDisplay++ to the programs folder of MPD (like sebimuxx allready has written)

btw. The other problem I had on my Dev- PC is also gone! (MP Crash after Music start, when EQ within MPD++ is enabled) Good job sebimuxx! thx!

EDIT: Oops! he was a bit faster... ;)
    ...and the service is restarted?
    Not just restarted. YOu also have to disable it before copying the files.

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Still not working....
    When I try to start the service there comes a prompt saying that this can't be started this way.
    When I then enter the configuration and start the service there everything seems to work. Except that I
    have to confirm to open this file.
    Trying to open mp fails anyway and it seems that in the background there is the same confirmation prompt which I
    can not acknowledge in that moment. So mp hangs. When I close that prompt via the task manager mp will start but without mpd++.
    Logs are attached.

Wondermusic

Retired Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Very strange... Could you please try to (if you not allready tried this steps):

- uninstall MPD++ (if you made changes to your skin be aware to make a backup of these files)
    - reinstall MPD++
    - make your Configuration
    - stop MPDisplay Server from Windows control panel
    - copy all files from the zip- File into the MP and MPD++ folders
    - restart MPDisplay Server from Windows Control panel

Normally this should work!

Cheers,
    Richy

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Had no time so far but will do.
    Actually I thought of doing it almost the same way you described but with changing the files right after installing.
    Will see which way works...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom