MPExtended (Mobil access) for MP2 only for TV access (1 Viewer)

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Is it? So can I run MP2 server on my existing server that's running TVE3 without it breaking my MP1 clients connecting to it?

MP2 uses an modified TVE3 (uses SQLite database) so the MP1 clients can not connect to TVServer of MP2 as I know.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    So can I run MP2 server on my existing server that's running TVE3 without it breaking my MP1 clients connecting to it?
    Sadly no. For MP1 the TV engine is a separate server, the known MP1 TV server. For MP2 the TV engine is running as a plugin inside the MP2 Server. If you want to run MP2 server with TV you first need to stop MP1 TV server and disable the autostart of it as long as you want to use MP2...

If the MP1 TV client plugin would be already in a state that it only connect to the server (as it needs to be for TVE3.5 nevertheless), it would work to connect a MP1 client to a MP 2 server. But the recent version of the MP1 TV Plugin also needs to connect to the TV database directly without using the "correct" way via TV server. This is not possible, not allowed and not wanted when you use MP2 as TV server, especially as MP2 uses SQLite and no full blown MySQL (MSSQL) database server like MP1 TV server...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    The Zip file is a "Compound" Archive. It can be opened with e.G. 7Zip (Open Source archive tool)...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    @regeszter
    Just want to try this but I need help get it up and running. I've extracted the .zip and found many files but no sub- folders.
    I've tried to start the console (MPExtended.ServiceHosts.ConsoleHost.exe) but it is missing lots of files...
    I think the folder structure was not properly extracted when using 7zip. Is there a list how the files/folders should be look like? Or even better can you provide a new archive with folder structure? Thanks.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi.
    @regeszter
    Just want to try this but I need help get it up and running. I've extracted the .zip and found many files but no sub- folders.
    I've tried to start the console (MPExtended.ServiceHosts.ConsoleHost.exe) but it is missing lots of files...
    I think the folder structure was not properly extracted when using 7zip. Is there a list how the files/folders should be look like? Or even better can you provide a new archive with folder structure? Thanks.

Very sorry. The zip is an msi. It is my fault. Just rename zip to msi and you can install it. I changed the attached file on the 1st post.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Thanks, now I got it running. It is working for Live TV, EPG and recordings. Only thing I did not get working is adding a scheduled recording. Most likely it's me not knowing how to operate MPTvScheduler correctly.

One thing I have noticed. When you are using MX Player or VLC the timeshifting did not stop when you stop LiveTV playback on the phone. When using internal player the timeshift stops properly.

Overall it's a great addition to MP2, many thanks.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Only thing I did not get working is adding a scheduled recording.

TV -> press on a channel -> long press on a program -> select "+" icon
    or
    TV -> press on a channel -> press on a program -> select "+" icon
    or
    Search -> search a program -> long press on a program -> select "+" icon
    or
    EPG -> press on a program -> select "+" icon
    or
    Schedules -> select "+" icon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom