MPExtended (Mobil access) for MP2 only for TV access (1 Viewer)

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    The new ffmpeg 4.0 is compatible with MPExtended so I suggest for the Windows 64 bit users to replace the in-built 32 bit ffmpeg to 64 bit from ffmpeg-4.0-win64-static.zip for better performance.

shelzmike

July 19, 2018
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hey all. I am very new (as of a couple hours) to Media Portal. Moved over from Plex (well, plan to) primarily because I refuse to pay for Plex Pass to stream TV on devices that I already own. So, forgive me if this is a dumb question.

I installed MP2 server and have a client on my laptop that works well, but I wanted to be able to stream to my Android phone (Galaxy S9+). I initially tried to install the full version of MPExtended but kept getting an error stating that it couldn't find MediaPortal.exe running. I think this is because I am using MP2? May be wrong. Anyhow, I couldn't get the app to connect at all. Found this plugin as it says it works for TV streaming for Mobile.

I did get further with it, MPScheduler pulls in my channel lineup and when I tap on one it goes to a "Buffering" icon that spins for about 5-7 seconds and then it goes back to my channel lineup and says 'Unable to Play'.

I replaced the StreamingProfiles as suggested (I was supposed to rename the actual downloaded .xml file so that it was just StreamingProfiles.xml, correct?) I also downloaded and replaced ffmpeg in ProgramData (the download had more than this file in it...all I needed was this file copied over, correct?)

So I am stuck. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey all. I am very new (as of a couple hours) to Media Portal. Moved over from Plex (well, plan to) primarily because I refuse to pay for Plex Pass to stream TV on devices that I already own. So, forgive me if this is a dumb question.

I installed MP2 server and have a client on my laptop that works well, but I wanted to be able to stream to my Android phone (Galaxy S9+). I initially tried to install the full version of MPExtended but kept getting an error stating that it couldn't find MediaPortal.exe running. I think this is because I am using MP2? May be wrong. Anyhow, I couldn't get the app to connect at all. Found this plugin as it says it works for TV streaming for Mobile.

I did get further with it, MPScheduler pulls in my channel lineup and when I tap on one it goes to a "Buffering" icon that spins for about 5-7 seconds and then it goes back to my channel lineup and says 'Unable to Play'.

I replaced the StreamingProfiles as suggested (I was supposed to rename the actual downloaded .xml file so that it was just StreamingProfiles.xml, correct?) I also downloaded and replaced ffmpeg in ProgramData (the download had more than this file in it...all I needed was this file copied over, correct?)

MPExtended is basically for MP1. In this thread MPExtended for MP2 TV-Server is handeled, but I'm not sure what this does and if it works.
    A beta version for MP2 is also existing, search in the foum for "MP2Extended", but I have no idea, if it will work with MP2.1.3.

shelzmike

July 19, 2018
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    MPExtended is basically for MP1. In this thread MPExtended for MP2 TV-Server is handeled, but I'm not sure what this does and if it works.

I guess maybe I am confused then about the title of this three..seems to say this particular app is modified and is for MP2, TV on mobile, which is what I was looking for. So are you saying this version won't work?

"MPExtended (Mobil access) for MP2 only for TV access"

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I guess maybe I am confused then about the title of this three..seems to say this particular app is modified and is for MP2, TV on mobile, which is what I was looking for. So are you saying this version won't work?
    No, I'm not saying that. I just never tried it, because I have no interest to stream TV to my mobile phone.
    I just checked the first posts of this thread and I also got confused by the discussion what really the is possible with this app. From the title you are right, it should be possible to stream from a MP2 TV server to a mobile device with MPExtended app.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary

If you see the channels in the app, then your MPExtended works. Try a vlc based or a http live profile. One of them will works.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    This version of MPExtended is adopted from the MP1 version to work with MP2. It has noting in common with the not yet working "complete" MP2 version started some time ago but now is on a halt and probably never is finished because of the wip DLNA plugin, that can do (nearly) the same and much more... But the DLNA plugin isn't ready yet and I fear it won't be ready for the MP 2.2 release...

This version here only is working for the TV part as this is the most important part. For media streaming (Movies, Series, Music,...) there are many solutions available. I've tried it some time ago and it was working flawlessly. I could watch Live TV on my phone and I also could manage my schedules and recordings.

But I haven't tried the most recent version because I changed to SAT>IP. So I don't need MP to stream Live TV to my mobile any longer. The SAT>IP router can be accessed directly via DLNA by lots of apps, e.g. VLC or BubbleUPnP so it is not necessary to run a Windows PC only to watch LiveTV on a mobile device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom