mpNZB v1.4 (Updated 18-12-2009) (2 Viewers)

Avigrace

Portal Pro
December 13, 2005
Home Country
England England
Whohoho! you're really fast in the development of this thing! It's truly amazing! :D

Still i manage to have a feature request you haven't thought of yet ;):
  • ability to save the nzb to a specific file name. This is sometimes needed when mp-tv series has to identify the file from filename... Jburnettes plugin was able to do this, maybe you can borrow parts of his code again ;)
[edit] i'll try the 1.03/1.04 version tomorrow and will update the b&w1080p skin if needed. [/edit]

In SABNZB you can enable TV Series sorting which should tidy up the folders and filename. It seems to work in the limited testing I've done

psampaio

January 5, 2009
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
I just tried it and so far works great. I only had one minor error. Installed the mpi (by double clicking) and then went to the configuration. When I started the configuration, got an exception stating that it could not find the mpnzb.xml I pressed continue and everything worked fine from there.

My guess would be that line 18 of frmSetup is throwing the exception, though I'm not sure what the best practices for working with the settings are.

HTH,
Pedro

techchad

Portal Member
March 5, 2006
Newzbin File Types

Would there be anyway to get the file attributes of the NZB added to the main screen or maybe just what type of file it is (xvid, mkv, iso, etc...)? It may already have this functionality, I've only been able to play with this plugin through a remote screen for now since I'm still at work :) I do love it so far though.

MrTRiX

Community Plugin Dev
October 28, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
I just tried it and so far works great. I only had one minor error. Installed the mpi (by double clicking) and then went to the configuration. When I started the configuration, got an exception stating that it could not find the mpnzb.xml I pressed continue and everything worked fine from there.

My guess would be that line 18 of frmSetup is throwing the exception, though I'm not sure what the best practices for working with the settings are.

HTH,
Pedro

Line 18 indeed. I will add a IO.File.Exists check for that entire thing. I forgot that would happen if you have never configured the plug-in, took forever for someone to mention that to me. Thanks.

Would there be anyway to get the file attributes of the NZB added to the main screen or maybe just what type of file it is (xvid, mkv, iso, etc...)? It may already have this functionality, I've only been able to play with this plugin through a remote screen for now since I'm still at work :) I do love it so far though.

Unlikely as the NZB's are usually a collection of RAR's and if that information is not in the RSS feed then you gotta wait till you start the D/L to know what's inside the RAR's. I may be able to add the file type once SABnzbd gets a hold of it but I am not sure. I will look into it more.

techchad

Portal Member
March 5, 2006
They do put it in the RSS feed at least in Newzbin they do.

I can't post the link to the RSS feed report I'm looking at on newzbin but in the live feed it has the following info:

ID
Attributes (Category, Video Source, Video Format, Video Genre, Language, Audio Format)
Groups
Poster
PostDate

It's not really a huge deal if it's not...really it's just a nice to have when you are parsing through movies specifically. Even without this aside from My TvSeries this is by far my favorite plugin.

MrTRiX

Community Plugin Dev
October 28, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
They do put it in the RSS feed at least in Newzbin they do.

I can't post the link to the RSS feed report I'm looking at on newzbin but in the live feed it has the following info:

ID
Attributes (Category, Video Source, Video Format, Video Genre, Language, Audio Format)
Groups
Poster
PostDate

It's not really a huge deal if it's not...really it's just a nice to have when you are parsing through movies specifically. Even without this aside from My TvSeries this is by far my favorite plugin.

Ya that's true Newzbin puts tons of stuff in the RSS feed.

I should have been more specific. Most RSS feeds that I have in Sites.xml don't have that information in an easy to parse XML element. The problem is because I have gone more modular with Sites.xml I can't do as much site/feed specific stuff. If it wasn't for the fact that I use Sites.xml and have all my information on one skin page, then I would do that in a heart beat.

I will keep it in mind for a future release. Also if you think of a good way to do it skinning/coding wise, then please post it here.

IDEA: I just had a possible idea for a future release, I may setup Sites.XML with a description area in which you setup the way you want the description to look based on RSS/XML elements. Here is what I mean:

<item>
<description>Video Source: [report:attributes|1]{NewLine}Video Format: [report:attributes|2]{NewLine}</description>
</item>

This is a very rudimentary idea and the code would change but the idea is you make your own description that grabs the data the way you want. This is way in the future but is that an idea anyone would be into?

MrTRiX

Community Plugin Dev
October 28, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
It was actually just gonna be the XML elements but adding the NFO is a good idea and if its possible then I will add it to that idea.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    MrTRiX: If you search on i.e. a moviename, you get 10 names back in the list and i can't distinguish which file is the file i want. If you could press the "info" button on the remote and could select "read nfo", it would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom