What Color would you like to see included in MPsp Next

• Total voters

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Im actually looking into a better font to use for the next version. I think I found a nice clear one. I was going to include it in 1.5 but I wanted to do somemore browsing. Want to find one that is high tech looking but easy on the eyes. I have over 12000 fonts to choose from in my collection. I figured i'd fix the bugs first and get to the fonts later.

So fear not...we'll get to the bottom of this soon.
By the way how is that Uizinwhatsin plugin lookin, I couldnt really use it(language barrier) so I dont know if it is perfect or not.

I didn't test it before posting. Now I have to conclude it isn't working. The screen stays black. It seems like the plugin stopped working since a SVN of 01-16. I hope it will be fixed soon. Then I'll give you feedback.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=15032&highlight=uitzendinggemist

Two more notes :) (just jell if you want to make me stop reporting bugs)
The "loading" animation seems to be misplaced and the navigation bar looks incompletete (see attatchments)

drowhunter

Portal Pro
April 29, 2006
Toronto, Ontario
Im actually looking into a better font to use for the next version. I think I found a nice clear one. I was going to include it in 1.5 but I wanted to do somemore browsing. Want to find one that is high tech looking but easy on the eyes. I have over 12000 fonts to choose from in my collection. I figured i'd fix the bugs first and get to the fonts later.

So fear not...we'll get to the bottom of this soon.
By the way how is that Uizinwhatsin plugin lookin, I couldnt really use it(language barrier) so I dont know if it is perfect or not.

I didn't test it before posting. Now I have to conclude it isn't working. The screen stays black. It seems like the plugin stopped working since a SVN of 01-16. I hope it will be fixed soon. Then I'll give you feedback.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=15032&highlight=uitzendinggemist

Two more notes :) (just jell if you want to make me stop reporting bugs)
The "loading" animation seems to be misplaced and the navigation bar looks incompletete (see attatchments)
ouch...how'd i miss that....guess i been using letterbox too much ill fix that.

Ya i made a new loading animation and its supposed to be centered. But I couldnt find the file relating to the loading animation. If anyone knows what file controls this it would be appreciated.

drowhunter

Portal Pro
April 29, 2006
Toronto, Ontario
First i love this skin- i have been waiting for a long time to find one that fits me and this is finally it. But i have a few problems-

Number 1 is the only that which hurts my ability to use this skin, but I've played with it for the past few hours and I love everything about it. Keep up the good work and thank your for your time and effort to develop this skin.
-Evan

BUGS-

1: I can't go back to the main menu via My videos once i open a video file. If nothing is opened it works fine. I can go back via hot key "H".

2: Please verify this i would assume it would be noticed quickly but when i click on plug-ins It changes the orientation from the basic home screen to the vertical menu structure home screen.

3: When connecting to my radio plug in- the loading animation is to the far right and seems off.

Unsure
4: i don't use my programs but basic testing for comparing the plug-in problem- it does nothing but return to the basic screen.

1. I cant seem to reproduce this error. How are you trying to go back to home screen. Via Topbar? Everything i've tried has worked for me ...

2) There are a vast array of plugins that people can install. Rather than create a custom icon for everything. i chose to leave the plugin screen in its current automatic format.

3) This is a problem ive had with the loading bar. I dont know which xml file controls the position of it. since my loading animation is longer it appears of center.(I'm looking into this)

4) Programs Plugin is fine. see screenshot below. Note to get those fancy icons. I have a directory-cache set up to a folder with all of my shortcuts to my games. I set the extension to filter as *.lnk and i set the image directory to a directory with the box art(got those from www.gamecopyworld.com) . All images are named to match the shortcuts so the proper pic is displayed automatically.

aggi

Portal Pro
January 8, 2006
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
i have the same problem. when i open a video file, or musicvideo or a trailer, i can't go back with my backbutton or esc. only "H" and the green windows button on my mce remote works, to go back to home scren!!

m0rt

Portal Pro
November 29, 2005
Bolton, UK
Home Country
England England
i have the same problem. when i open a video file, or musicvideo or a trailer, i can't go back with my backbutton or esc. only "H" and the green windows button on my mce remote works, to go back to home scren!!

Just thought I'd add my two pence..... I have the same problem too!

Other than that...... absolutely amazing skin. Keep up the good work.

drowhunter

Portal Pro
April 29, 2006
Toronto, Ontario
weird. I can only reproduce this error part of the time. Im beginning to wonder if its skin related.

Try this . When on the basic home screen select video and enter
then push esc . It should go back to basic home.

from there push esc again. It will take you back to video.

At which point pushing esc wont take you back home, unless you push H.

wussup wit that?

r8td

Portal Pro
June 16, 2006
I use girder to control everything and thus don't use the top bar for any commands. I have the remote set to use ESC only. The only time the ESC button doesn't work is coming back to the basic home screen from the my videos when a video has been opened. I haven't set up a music directory yet to test to see if it applies to this.

I tired the esc part. From with in videos (nothing played) [esc] - it returns to the basic home- [esc] returns to my videos- [esc]- nothing happens- when it should return to the home screen.

r8td

Portal Pro
June 16, 2006
ok, so i wasn't able to recreate the esc trick a second time- i don't know how it worked the first time and now it won't go back into video via pressing esc. I switched to bluetwo and played a video and was able to return to the home menu as it should, but using esc to return back to my videos would not work using this skin when trying this trick again.
-Evan

m0rt

Portal Pro
November 29, 2005
Bolton, UK
Home Country
England England
Your right drowhunter, it does seem to only happen part of the time.

Like right now... the wifes watching some music with MusicVideos and now pressing ESC won't take here back to the home screen.... plus there's no topbar appearing so can't use that!.... weird

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom