MPsp Skin V1.0 (1 Viewer)

What Color would you like to see included in MPsp Next

• Total voters

een_mq

Portal Member
September 27, 2006
Great job...
I didn't think that it was possible, but this beats the XBOX360 skin :D

One big favor if I may ask, due to the plugins I am using breaking under 0.2.2.1, can I ask you to compile version 1.4 that shows up as a 0.2.2.0 skin as opposed to 0.2.2.1 skin

At the moment, everytime I start MP, it gives me a warning that the skin version is different. And because I schedule my PC to restart every day, it always get stuck on the warning screen.

If I can have a version of the skin that works with 0.2.2.0, that would make life so much sweeter... :D

Thanks

Edward

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
You can stop the skin-warning by checking "Don't show this message again" in the corresponding dialog.

Again, I realy like the skin. You've did some very fast debugging to. Excelent!
Some suggestions...

The TV miniguide is not transparent which seems to be inconsequent with the rest of the skin, and selections are very unclear because of the black background. This also goes for all the shared views when using the black version.
One more thing is that the skin works very well on a CRT, but is not completely overscan friendly. The date is only partialy showing.

This is the "uitzendinggemist plugin" -> https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=8337&highlight=uitzendinggemist
it's a plugin that alows Dutch and Belgium users to view documented TV programs in Mediaportal, streamed from the servers of the corresponding TV channels.

drowhunter

Portal Pro
April 29, 2006
Toronto, Ontario
You can stop the skin-warning by checking "Don't show this message again" in the corresponding dialog.

Again, I realy like the skin. You've did some very fast debugging to. Excelent!
Some suggestions...

The TV miniguide is not transparent which seems to be inconsequent with the rest of the skin, and selections are very unclear because of the black background. This also goes for all the shared views when using the black version.
One more thing is that the skin works very well on a CRT, but is not completely overscan friendly. The date is only partialy showing.

This is the "uitzendinggemist plugin" -> https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=8337&highlight=uitzendinggemist
it's a plugin that alows Dutch and Belgium users to view documented TV programs in Mediaportal, streamed from the servers of the corresponding TV channels.

Just so im clear, when you say tv mini guide. You mean the TV-Guide right, the one that appears when you push the Guide button, in the TV section?

Unless theres a secret guide somewhere that i dont know about.

Would it be too much trouble to ask you to post a screenshot if the black buttons you are talking about so I can find them quicker? Thanks.

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    Just so im clear, when you say tv mini guide. You mean the TV-Guide right, the one that appears when you push the Guide button, in the TV section?
    No, i think they mean the small dialog box that appears when you hit enter on the keyboard while in full screen TV. (sorry no screen shot). The guide is defined in TVMiniGuide.xml.

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You're the best Drowhunter. You're making a very respectable contribution to MP.
    Thank you for adding the UitzendingGemist plugin.

If you don't mind, I still have some suggestions....

On my 4:3 82cm CRT television the fonts are a bit hard to read, especialy when I'm more then one meter away from my tv. On my CRT computer screen it's much clearer. There is no way to get the image on my tv sharper, and it isn't unsharp compared to other CRT tv's. I think it's the spacing between the latters that makes it hard to read. Or maby the font size.

Thank you for fixing the TV mini-guide! But the main 'problem' is still there. A selection is marked by two very thin lighter lines. Which are almost impossible to see on my tv. Maybe you could make the selection clearer somehow?

How can I change the font myself, so I can suggest other font's, if you won't mind?

drowhunter

Portal Pro
    April 29, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario
    Im actually looking into a better font to use for the next version. I think I found a nice clear one. I was going to include it in 1.5 but I wanted to do somemore browsing. Want to find one that is high tech looking but easy on the eyes. I have over 12000 fonts to choose from in my collection. I figured i'd fix the bugs first and get to the fonts later.

So fear not...we'll get to the bottom of this soon.
    By the way how is that Uizinwhatsin plugin lookin, I couldnt really use it(language barrier) so I dont know if it is perfect or not.

r8td

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2006
    First i love this skin- i have been waiting for a long time to find one that fits me and this is finally it. But i have a few problems-

Number 1 is the only that which hurts my ability to use this skin, but I've played with it for the past few hours and I love everything about it. Keep up the good work and thank your for your time and effort to develop this skin.
    -Evan

BUGS-

1: I can't go back to the main menu via My videos once i open a video file. If nothing is opened it works fine. I can go back via hot key "H".

2: Please verify this i would assume it would be noticed quickly but when i click on plug-ins It changes the orientation from the basic home screen to the vertical menu structure home screen.

3: When connecting to my radio plug in- the loading animation is to the far right and seems off.

Unsure
    4: i don't use my programs but basic testing for comparing the plug-in problem- it does nothing but return to the basic screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom