MPTray help! (1 Viewer)

monkey butle

Portal Member
February 2, 2009
Derbyshire
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I've donwloaded the MPtray plugin and followed the readme instructions but i can't get it do to anything at all.

Can anyone give me a clue where i'm going wrong?

Thanks.

:)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Make sure MPTray.exe is a running process in Task Manager, which remote are you using, is it recognised in Device manager as ehome ir receiver, it needs to be for green button to work.

If not above then you may have to map a button to mediaportal.exe, using irserversuite or eventghost.

monkey butle

Portal Member
    February 2, 2009
    Derbyshire
    Home Country
    Make sure MPTray.exe is a running process in Task Manager, which remote are you using, is it recognised in Device manager as ehome ir receiver, it needs to be for green button to work.

If not above then you may have to map a button to mediaportal.exe, using irserversuite or eventghost.

Weird - got it working finally.

Thanks for your help.

Carty

Portal Member
    April 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi guys,

Glad you got it working Monkey Butle.

I'm having the same problems with MPtray.exe in XP Pro

I've copied the files into the MediaPortal directory and ran the install.bat. mptray is a running process, also my MCE remote is listed in Device Manager > USB controllers > eHome Infrared Receiver.

Still no joy... any ideas?

KJ-Cox

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    MCE Remote not working

Was there an update on this?
    I also have the listed requirements and still no dice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

That was the correction I made in BasicHome for the 1.35 Prerelease which you adddd to repo ;)
    That was the correction I made in BasicHome for the 1.35 Prerelease which you adddd to repo ;)
    I'm going bananas here!! Used MP1 since MP1.10 or so.....an haven't had problems for years! Am using latest Dune...
    Replies
    Views
    Oh no. That's not good news. It looks like this is going to be complicated. OnlineVideos won't let us record, so that isn't going to work on this occasion, but I do like the information you have given on Online Videos because I have tried and failed to understand the wiki on that. I will remember this for future use. In the meantime...
    Oh no. That's not good news. It looks like this is going to be complicated. OnlineVideos won't let us record, so that isn't going...
    Good evening! I am trying to set up a TV channel in the TV server to show my live stream from a local camera. I am clearly doing...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi CyberSimion Have now got MP 1.31 working ok Stopped Network Adaptor waking computer (Computer now not waking from sleep other than to record scheduled programs) Activated Power Scheduler and ticked all boxes under EPG tag (XmLTv guide now downloaded and installed as scheduled) I think my problem with MP 1.32 install re scheduled...
    Hi CyberSimion Have now got MP 1.31 working ok Stopped Network Adaptor waking computer (Computer now not waking from sleep other...
    I have just installed MP 2.4 I have set up for ICE TV XMTV guide Followed all instructions for set up ( as for MP 1 ) Guide...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks for the response. No change. No MP2 in APPs (the Win 11 version of Programs) There was an empty MP2-Server folder under Team Media Portal in PF X86. The net 4 version, as I indicated, is the one I installed. Or tried to. For completeness, I deleted the (empty) folder & the Team Media Portal folder (otherwise empty), and...
    Thanks for the response. No change. No MP2 in APPs (the Win 11 version of Programs) There was an empty MP2-Server folder under...
    1. Download MediaPortal for free! - MEDIAPORTAL Click "media portal 2", goes to this github link, which is a 404. 2. Downloaded the...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Auto Rating DE
    Sorry i dont use Mov Pic
    Sorry i dont use Mov Pic
    Hi, I have done this previously but have just done a fresh install of MP1 (1.34 X64) and for the life of me can't see how to do it...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom