[solved] MPTvScheduler - Android client for MediaPortal and TvServer (2 Viewers)

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    In addition to the one with the internal player I also have an issue with a crash of the app after leaving the MX Player with the "Android Back Button" to stop the streaming of a TV recording. Have you seen this too?

Please try to send the crash report if available and add all relevant info which helps me to find the root cause.

app-has-stopped-crashed.png

I'm using 1.2 version on a Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android 4.4.2.
    Playback using the internal player does not work. Playback starts for a brief second and then returns to the previous screen.
    Playback using MX Player seems to work fine. Let me know how to collect the logs so I can provide them.

Try the HTTP Live streaming profile. It seems that (only) works on Samsung devices.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please try to send the crash report if available and add all relevant info which helps me to find the root cause.

app-has-stopped-crashed-png.186826
    The last times when it happend there was no "Report" button, only "Ok".

I have mentioned some other minor things:
    The resume dialog that is asking for resuming a partly watched recording is wrong translated in german.
    The title is now:
    "Neu starten"
    better would be:
    "Fortsetzen?"

The text of the dialog is now:
    "Möchten Sie neu starten? <mm:ss>"
    better would be:
    "Möchten Sie fortsetzen bei <mm:ss> ?"

When this dialog is open it is not possible to close it with "Android back"

The internal player does not change its direction when you turn your device by 180 degrees. It would be nice if it could do this, because I have a "flip-cover" that I use as stand for the device. If try to do this now, the picture has the wrong direction.

And:
    by the way:
    The internal player is great. I'm happy that we have found a way to use it with Samsung devices!!!

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    The resume dialog that is asking for resuming a partly watched recording is wrong translated in german.
    The title is now:
    "Neu starten"
    better would be:
    "Fortsetzen?"

The text of the dialog is now:
    "Möchten Sie neu starten? <mm:ss>"
    better would be:
    "Möchten Sie fortsetzen bei <mm:ss> ?"

When this dialog is open it is not possible to close it with "Android back"

Both of them will be fixed in next beta.

The internal player does not change its direction when you turn your device by 180 degrees.

Yes, it is by design. I won't change it.

bartmanson

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2004
    Nuremberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Profile "No Transcoding" had no video, just audio, but High Quality FFMPEG worked fine. Usability with Fire TV's remote is not so good, e.g. pausing and skipping in live tv is not possible, but I will give amazon's "Fire TV Remote App" on my tablet a try and hope that I can swipe and tap with it.

Ok, it took some time but here are the things I found out:
    - The Fire TV Remote app only simulates the "real" remote, which means that an app that does not react to the remote does also not react to the remote app -> skipping and pausing with internal player is not possible.
    - MX Player works pretty well on fire tv (even with HW+ decoding) AND reacts to key presses on the fire remote. Pausing works but skipping forward and back does not work. Tried it with several transcoding profiles and all streams refused to skip :-(

That leads to two questions:

- Can you, @regeszter, add support for key presses to the internal player? The respective events are described here: Remote Input - Amazon Apps & Services Developer Portal (don't know if they are the same for all android flavours or if they are specific to fire tv).

- Do you know why skipping doesn't work? Even in internal player with tapping and swiping on my tablet it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't work. That means, it seems not to be related to fire tv.

Regards
    BartManson

p.S.: The information that I bought your app gets lost when I sideload it to the fire tv. I guess that could be fixed by installing the google services on fire tv, right?

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Tried it with several transcoding profiles and all streams refused to skip :-(

MX Player can not seek because the seeking means send a command to MPExtended to start a new stream from the new position.

- Can you, @regeszter, add support for key presses to the internal player?

I can try but I can add only steps. For example step + or - 5 minutes.

- Do you know why skipping doesn't work? Even in internal player with tapping and swiping on my tablet it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't work.

I need MPExtended log to check this.

The information that I bought your app gets lost when I sideload it to the fire tv. I guess that could be fixed by installing the google services on fire tv, right?

Yes. Google stores the information from licences.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hm - Gave it a try - unfortunlaty I couldn't get a stream up and running no matter what player / Quality. Tried it also with good old AMPdroid - wher it works with teh same settings (ffmpeg High Quality - external player)

I attach the logs for you - maybe it will help

Attachments

• Stream_1.zip
      106.4 KB

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    New 1.3.0 beta is available on the Play Store.

• Added D-pad support to the internal player (for Fire TV).

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    1.3.0 stable available on the Play Store.

- NEW: My Video share view support.
    - NEW: D-pad support in the internal player
    - NEW option: play the item instead of display the details screen.
    - Bug fixes.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Which is the better? Please vote!

1. The actual design
    device-2017-01-31-202502.png device-2017-01-31-202524.png device-2017-01-31-202549.png device-2017-01-31-202606.png device-2017-01-31-203144.png

2. New design with old colours
    device-2017-01-31-205026.png device-2017-01-31-205038.png device-2017-01-31-205056.png device-2017-01-31-205110.png device-2017-01-31-205128.png

3. New design with new colours.
    device-2017-01-31-203416.png device-2017-01-31-203428.png device-2017-01-31-203447.png device-2017-01-31-203501.png device-2017-01-31-203518.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom