Add MQTT Commands ...

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    This is great stuff - will look to installing this and seeing what it is currently providing. I am mainly interested in what are MP is in, like Live TV or Moving Pictures, TV Series, etc.
    And maybe have the ability to send a notification to the screen. like an outdoor camera detects motion, HASS can send MQTT notification with url of captured image to be shown in Notification window in MP.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    And maybe have the ability to send a notification to the screen. like an outdoor camera detects motion, HASS can send MQTT notification with url of captured image to be shown in Notification window in MP.
    The notifications are already working.
    This is great stuff - will look to installing this and seeing what it is currently providing. I am mainly interested in what are MP is in, like Live TV or Moving Pictures, TV Series, etc.
    The plugin is on the path of development, if you have ideas, then tell me, we will try to implement them. :)

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    @ajs Very very interesting...
    1) From a dashboard controling the different parameters of the house (temperature, humidity, etc...) thru Home Assistant, is it also possible to control MP? (to launch the radio, a song, a movie, etc...)
    2) Is it possible to use MP on an event? Example (stupid, ok, but just to understand) : my outdoor camera detected that Jane's car is arriving (because the camera read its licence plate) so MP plays Jane's favourite song!
    Thank you

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    From a dashboard controling the different parameters of the house (temperature, humidity, etc...) thru Home Assistant, is it also possible to control MP? (to launch the radio, a song, a movie, etc...)
    In general it is possible, but so far I have not added it, because I did not see the need for it. Right now I turn off the lights when I start watching Mediaportal and turn them on when I finish. I also turn off Mediaportal from Google Home. But if it's necessary, I'll try to add it.
    Is it possible to use MP on an event? Example (stupid, ok, but just to understand) : my outdoor camera detected that Jane's car is arriving (because the camera read its licence plate) so MP plays Jane's favourite song!
    It is now possible to display a message in the Media Portal that the car has arrived. If I implement the first point, it will be possible to run the song.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    @Jean-Marc i add play command, but i dont test it ... No time, sorry ...

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    FInally got arounf to attempting to install this plugin but unfortuantely I get the follwoing error after clicking on the initial next button on the welcome screen for the installer (happens on both versions 1.0.0.1 and 1.0.0.4 of mpe1. My version of MP is 1.22 Final

1656128916077.png

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    My version of MP is 1.22 Final
    Perhaps this is the reason, there were changes in the installer, but in which version I do not remember ... I can try to give you ready-made library files, but I'm not sure that they will work with 1.22.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom