MultiShortcut Plugin (Uavailable) in DWHD skin (1 Viewer)

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ak, OK, sorry for my bad english, sometimes, I don't understang correctly. :(
    Well, I don't know for basic home, maybe it's not implemented in MultiShortcut.
    Remember that this plugin is VERY old.
    I'm pretty sure basichome didn't exist when it was developped at the begining.
    So, when I wil have time, I will see what I can do.
    I suppose I will have to look in others plugins to see how basichome is handled and also, if it is possible with MultiShortcut plugin wich is a special plugin, hacking a dotnet .dll for multiple MP plugins working...

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Then it should work

Not for me, please see the attached screenshots, the first 3 show how I have set the shortcuts up and the edit id BHED (please let me know if I have made a mistake). At that point both BBC1 and BBC2 are set to"In Plugins and on the Home GUI they are listed there and can be actioned. The rest of the screenshots show the results after assigning the shortcuts to "In Home" in MP Config, note I only get the BB1 name appearing and it does not work.:(
    mp1-1.jpgmp1-2.jpgmp1-3.jpgmp1-4.jpgmp1-5.jpgmp1-6.jpg

Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yup, as framug just replied it only works in classic home and won´t work in Basic home - I also tried to assign dlls and names to basic home and it didn´t work either - the names are shpwn correct, but the shortcut does not work from basic home ;)
    So, unfortunately no way for me to do anything that this works in basic home ;)

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    hummm. @joecrow : I explained how to use.
    I also use basic home, maybe what I explained is a workaround in basic home to do same as classic, don't know (I'm really bad in all this skin stuff....)
    But, If it worked at least ONE time for you in basic home then, I'm not sure it's a plugin problem...
    If you confirm your BBC1 basic home doesn't work then, it's probably a plugin problem.
    Can you test if it's OK if you add a picture for the launch you need, can you see the picture both in classic and/or basic ?
    I will be pleased to help, if I can...

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I will be pleased to help, if I can...
    @framug Many thanks for the offer. Both the shortcuts I have set up are listed and work 100% from the Plugins List, see attached screenshot (either with catavolts' modified DHED or the std. one). It was just that I was interested in being able to see them on the Home Gui or as a subset of a more appropriate icon (Online vids maybe), but so far that has never worked.

mp1-7.jpg

I also use basic home, maybe what I explained is a workaround in basic home to do same as classic, don't know (I'm really bad in all this skin stuff....)
    Me too I'm not sure how to get classic working, tried the GUI setting in MP Config. "Classic only" but did not get the same picture(Home Gui as you.:confused:
    I need to play some more but please let me know what I can do further.

As far as I can tell the MultiShortcut plugin is working fine but not from "In Home" on DWHD.:(

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    OK, I understand it work in "classic" home way.
    What I try to explain is, can you populate those fields to see if some are working in classic and/or basic ?

zz1.png

It's in french, just consider in english it's the "start" menu, if it's NOK for you, I will do a specific screenshot in english.
    We don't have the same picture because I use PVHD where you use DWHD but normally, it's same, since it's catavolt's (great) skins.
    Don't tell him otherwise, he will take a big head. :p:D
    I saw you use the File Explorer plugin, since I worked (a bit....) on it, what about File Explorer in classic and basic home screens ? Is it working ?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The 3 screenshots show the 2 shortcuts in MP Config and then both their settings (in English I think as per your request). No changes here from the attempt with catavolts' setup.

mp1-9.jpgmp1-3.jpgmp1-8.jpg

I'm trying this out on my Desktop PC and installed the File Explorer plugin but have not tried it yet, will take a look.

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Well, difficult to communicate.
    Can you fill ButtonImage, ButtonImageFocus and picture to see what happen ? both in classic and basic, it can help, for the future...
    THX for File Explorer...

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No change in basic , see attached screenshots, the shortcut does not function from the Home Gui and only BBC1 is shown. I used the same image files for the BBC2 shortcut.
    The file explorer plugin can be opened from basic plugins but there is nothing in the editor so no chance to put it in Home.

I can't get the Home GUI in classic just a list???? Both shortcuts are listed and do function.:) See attached 3rd screenshot.
    The file explorer can be opened from the home GUI.

mp1-1.jpgmp1-6.jpgmp1-3.jpg

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    I can't get the Home GUI in classic just a list????
    What I understand is, the list is the classic home itself.

Both shortcuts are listed and do function.:) See attached 3rd screenshot.
    View attachment 204499
    On your 3rd screenshot with online video picture, is the BBC1 item selected or, Online Video plugin ?

EDIT :
    OK, forget my question for classic home, it's Multishortcut item selected, the name in green rectangle :

View attachment zz1.png

Stay tuned, I have found for basichome.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom