MultiShortcut Plugin (Uavailable) in DWHD skin (3 Viewers)

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Here we are !
    For it work in basic home, I gave you an example :
    The plugin name is calculatrice.
    The buttonCaption is Calculator.
    The plugin ID is 6044.

zz4.png

Then :

zz3.png

And calc is launched is you have the good plugin ID
    Here is the xml BasicHomeEditorDefines.xml :

XML:
      <define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#HOME16.name:Calculator</define>

<define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#HOME16.plugin:calculatrice</define>

<define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#HOME16.hyperlink:6044</define>

<define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#HOME16.parameter:</define>

<define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#HOME16.hover:hover_calc.png</define>

<define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#HOME16.background:Animations\BasicHome\plugins.jpg</define>

<define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#HOME16.iconfocus:tb_menu.png</define>

<define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#HOME16.iconnofocus:tb_menuNF.png</define>

<define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#HOME16.active:#(iif(or(eq(#HOME16.plugin,''),plugin.isenabled(#HOME16.plugin)),' ',''))</define>

<define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#HOME16:#(string.format('{0}{1}',#HOME16.name,iif(eq(#HOME16.active,' '),'',#PLUGERROR)))</define>

Note that you can change the name "Calculator" in the xml without problem BUT, you have to fill the good plugin name (calculatrice) and the plugin ID (6044) here.

Hope it helps...

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hope it helps...

Yes one is now working in Home, see attached screenshot, I was missing the hyperlink plugin ID definition.(y)(y):).
    I still can't get the 2nd shortcut to display in home, still no problem in Plugins but despite editing HOME17 with all the correct settings including the different names and ID it is not appearing in the Home editor.:(.

Late now Iwill look further tomorrow.

MP1-1.jpg

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    For it works :
    Add a newer MultiShortcut plugin.
    Don't forget to run dllfix as an administrator.
    Configure it :

zz1.png

Modify your BasicHomeEditorDefines.xml according to your plugin :

XML:
      <define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#HOME16.name:Calculator</define>
      <define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#HOME16.plugin:calculatrice</define>
      <define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#HOME16.hyperlink:6044</define>
      <define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#HOME16.parameter:</define>
      <define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#HOME16.hover:hover_calc.png</define>
      <define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#HOME16.background:Animations\BasicHome\plugins.jpg</define>
      <define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#HOME16.iconfocus:tb_menu.png</define>
      <define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#HOME16.iconnofocus:tb_menuNF.png</define>
      <define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#HOME16.active:#(iif(or(eq(#HOME16.plugin,''),plugin.isenabled(#HOME16.plugin)),' ',''))</define>
      <define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#HOME16:#(string.format('{0}{1}',#HOME16.name,iif(eq(#HOME16.active,' '),'',#PLUGERROR)))</define>
      <define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#HOME16.latestmedia:121</define>

<define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#HOME17.name:Notepad</define>
      <define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#HOME17.plugin:bloc-notes</define>
      <define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#HOME17.hyperlink:4345</define>
      <define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#HOME17.parameter:</define>
      <define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#HOME17.hover:hover_notepad.png</define>
      <define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#HOME17.background:Animations\BasicHome\plugins.jpg</define>
      <define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#HOME17.iconfocus:tb_menu.png</define>
      <define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#HOME17.iconnofocus:tb_menuNF.png</define>
      <define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#HOME17.active:#(iif(or(eq(#HOME17.plugin,''),plugin.isenabled(#HOME17.plugin)),' ',''))</define>
      <define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#HOME17:#(string.format('{0}{1}',#HOME17.name,iif(eq(#HOME17.active,' '),'',#PLUGERROR)))</define>

BUT don't forget another line in BasicHomeEditorDefines.xml.
    Go to begining of your xml file.
    Search for home16, you should find this :

XML:
      <define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#list.HOME:#(#list.header.left)#(L(974))#(#list.header.right),#NONE,#HOME1,#HOME2,#HOME3,#HOME4,#HOME5,#HOME6,#HOME7,#HOME8,#HOME9,#HOME10,#HOME11,#HOME12,#HOME13,#HOME14,#HOME15,#HOME16</define>

Add the home17 like this :

XML:
      <define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#list.HOME:#(#list.header.left)#(L(974))#(#list.header.right),#NONE,#HOME1,#HOME2,#HOME3,#HOME4,#HOME5,#HOME6,#HOME7,#HOME8,#HOME9,#HOME10,#HOME11,#HOME12,#HOME13,#HOME14,#HOME15,#HOME16,#HOME17</define>

And VOILA :

zz2.png

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, I wonder if I should add those #HOMExx to editor - will be difficult for a normal user to adapt and can break everything if user makes a typo.
    Maybe it is possible in future to make this plugin generic enough that it works like all the other plugins?
    And as it´s alway working from Home, why do the change in editor defines?

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Well, I wonder if I should add those #HOMExx to editor - will be difficult for a normal user to adapt and can break everything if user makes a typo.
    Well, I wonder too.
    As explained before, this plugin is particular, it works a bit as a free electron and yes, there is a risk of users's typo for the moment.

Maybe it is possible in future to make this plugin generic enough that it works like all the other plugins?
    I am afraid not.
    For example, a plugin ID is generated randomly, to try as max as possible to not interfere with others plugins (there is a risk but, minor).
    At least, I worked for this plugin that ID can be changed by users after generate.

And as it´s alway working from Home, why do the change in editor defines?
    It's up to you for removing the MultiShortcut plugin in basic home, it's a skinner choice ;)...
    If you need to integrate it on basic home (I mean easier for users) then, we can talk about.
    - For example, we can decide a range for MultiShortcut plugins ID, reserved only for it. (if you want a max of 3, 5 or 10 MultiShortcut plugins)

- We could also discuss what properties you need, how you would like to have it, and so on...

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    For example, we can decide a range for MultiShortcut plugins ID, reserved only for it. (if you want a max of 3, 5 or 10 MultiShortcut plugins)
    For BasicHome just one identifier and a link to the configured program are enough. Ie:
    Plugin ID - NNN Hyperlink 1 (run program with id 1 in MultiShortcut config)
    Plugin ID - NNN Hyperlink 2 (run program with id 2 in MultiShortcut config)
    In Home/Plugin Window we have one plugin instance - MultiShortcut and when we run it, than plugin show table with programs:
    1 Calculator
    2 Notepad

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Well, I don't understand.
    Can you be more precise, please ?
    For example, you need, when dllfix is executed that, I create a specific .xml (ie : MultiShortcut BasicHome.xml) with the necessary informations ?
    MultiShortcut already create a MultiShortcut.xml in the MP data folder.
    Please, take a look at the attached file.

There are all informations needed. (Plugin ID, Plugin Name, ...)
    Is it enough for you ?

Attachments

• MultiShortcut.xml
      3.2 KB

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I do not use this plugin and do not know how it works. But in theory, to run any program, you need one plugin that can call any number of programs. But in the home/plugin window there will be one item, in a basic home window you can make any number of items for one plug-in with different parameters.

Ie.

Plugin settings:
    1 - Calculator - c:\programs\calculator.exe
    2 - Notepad - c:\programs\notepad.exe

In Home/Plugin window you see one plugin with Name like MultiShortcut, when you press on it you see List like:
    1 - Calculator
    2 - Notepad

In basic Home you can create multi button for one plugin with different call parameters like:
    Name: Calculator - hyperlink NNNN - parameter 1
    Name: Notepad - hyperlink NNNN - parameter 2

But for support this, need to redo the plugin. :barefoot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom